Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    This guy doesn't deserve the negs from the posts I've seen tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie93)
    Ok well how about answering this
    I'll do my best

why do members of the BNP deny the holocaust or say it didnt happen on the scale that has been documented?
    The same reason people who are not members of the BNP might say that. Because they feel that the evidence, on balance, leads to a different conclusion, plus all the other usual factors that go into these decisions.

Why should Britain have a national identity?
    I like how there are different nations and cultures and people around the world, including British and Britishness. I don't know "why" I like it any more than I know "why" I like looking at mountains or stroking cats. It's just a pleasant and enjoyable arrangement really.

What is actually British in this day and age?
    That would take forever to discuss, consider living here for a little while and experiencing it for yourself.

Also what point are you trying to make because so far all you've done is make rather lame statements that are neither use nor ornament to this thread?
    My points are mostly that many things you said were illogical, false or poorly thought through. I addressed those all individually in my above responses to your posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    I'll do my best

The same reason people who are not members of the BNP might say that. Because they feel that the evidence, on balance, leads to a different conclusion.

I like how there are different nations and cultures and people around the world, including British and Britishness. I don't know "why" I like it any more than I know "why" I like looking at mountains or stroking cats. It's just a pleasant and enjoyable arrangement really.

That would take forever to discuss, consider living here for a little while and experiencing it for yourself.

My points are mostly that many things you said were illogical, false or poorly thought through. I addressed those all individually in my above responses to your posts.
    Wow you're hilarious aren't you actually I do live here I live in Sunderland which if you don't know is in the North-East of England... so provide me with examples of being British.
    What was false information might I ask oh and you didn't address anything i said just wrote little comments which fair enough if you don't have anything to argue back with I understand.
    Oh yea whats your stance on immigrants and what do you think they actually do?
    You also didn't answer why Britain should have 'Britishness' other then the fact YOU lke the thought of it.

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe this thread is still raging on. The BNP will never form any part of any government. Their manifesto tries to appear moderate, but the façade is thin. In the interests of democracy, they should be allowed to exist and campaign. As an Asian, I really don't care about them too much, they are irrelevant. Everybody loves a punching bag, but they love the attention: think of them as political trolls and leave them be.

ReputationRep:
    Wow you're hilarious aren't you
    yes

actually I do live here I live in Sunderland
    I'm sorry to hear that

so provide me with examples of being British.
    No I really can't be bothered, I'm not interested in that conversation and I don't know why you want me in particular to explain it to you.

What was false information might I ask
    Things I quoted previously.

oh and you didn't address anything i said just wrote little comments
    The "little comments" were my answers. They're not just pretty patterns of lines and shapes.

Oh yea whats your stance on immigrants
    I'm not really interested in talking about that, sorry. Why do you want to?

and what do you think they actually do?
    Loads of things. Human behaviour is very complicated.

You also didn't answer why Britain should have 'Britishness' other then the fact YOU lke the thought of it.
    Is that not allowed as an answer? What other kind of answer is there? People who support national identity do so because they like it, people who oppose it do so because they dislike it.

ReputationRep:
    The nazis were terrible people, although I know many BNP supporters refer to the Holocaust as the Holohoax.
    Personal political association should be kept well out of the classroom but at least left wing teachers will not glorify mass murder while trying to rewrite the origins of history and try and glorify something which does not exist.
    They glorify communists who commited more mass murder than the nazis so you know we are the nicer ones actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cttp_ngaf)
    yes

I'm sorry to hear that

No I really can't be bothered, I'm not interested in that conversation and I don't know why you want me in particular to explain it to you.

Things I quoted previously.

The "little comments" were my answers. They're not just pretty patterns of lines and shapes.

I'm not really interested in talking about that, sorry. Why do you want to?

Loads of things. Human behaviour is very complicated.

Is that not allowed as an answer? What other kind of answer is there? People who support national identity do so because they like it, people who oppose it do so because they dislike it.
    Like I said hilarious what's a matter got no comeback because you've been made to look like an idiot telling me to come to a country I'm already in, maybe you should try talking to immigrants or work with some and see what they're like and how hard it is.
    I'm interested because you're the one that brought it up when you first quoted me, so in other words I can assume you have no idea what on earth constitutes as British fine.
    So everything you quoted is wrong wow intelligent answer should have expected as much from you.
    I'm sorry I don't think you fully understand what an answer is, you just retort with a crappy comment that is completely irrelevant while trying to make yourself look oh so funny when you're quite clearly not.
    Well my question is why should we have a British identity you said because YOU like it, no its not a reason for the nation as a whole to support the BNP and there beliefs because YOU like it.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnicare)
    But rights of opinion shouldn't be used to incite racial hatred as well.
    Hardly, if we incite hatred to any group it would be the bosses who'd rather hire cheap foreign labour, rather than paying local workers a decent wage. Of course, we do not wish to incite any sort of hatred towards said group, we simply want them to pay locals a decent wage and a proper livelihood.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said hilarious what's a matter got no comeback because you've been made to look like an idiot telling me to come to a country I'm already in, maybe you should try talking to immigrants or work with some and see what they're like and how hard it is.
    I'm interested because you're the one that brought it up when you first quoted me, so in other words I can assume you have no idea what on earth constitutes as British fine.
    So everything you quoted is wrong wow intelligent answer should have expected as much from you.
    I'm sorry I don't think you fully understand what an answer is, you just retort with a crappy comment that is completely irrelevant while trying to make yourself look oh so funny when you're quite clearly not.
    okie dokie

Well my question is why should we have a British identity you said because YOU like it
    I did

its not a reason for the nation as a whole to support the BNP and there beliefs because YOU like it (British identity).
    I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexD14)
    Hardly, if we incite hatred to any group it would be the bosses who'd rather hire cheap foreign labour, rather than paying local workers a decent wage. Of course, we do not wish to incite any sort of hatred towards said group, we simply want them to pay locals a decent wage and a proper livelihood.
    Wouldn't call that racism. I'd call it exploitation of foreign laws. The vast majority of BNP members are racist and spout horrible things about ethnic minorites. I actually feel sorry for them. Not in a patronising way but because many working class men feel emasculated because the education system has failed them and thus they can't find work. So what do they do? Unite and find a common enemy/enemies in order to hold on to sadly what they believe is their masculinity.
    I blame the root that is he government for failing to hear these people and tackle the issue before this happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-jc123)
    Yes, democracy is the actual definition of hypocrisy; this, I think, everybody on here can acknowledge. However, it is extremely bold and naive of you to assume that the BNP would act as liberators if ever given the reins of power. On the contrary, they would implement their racist and crude policies in a manner which we would normally associate with dictatorships. They may argue in favour of 'democracy', but they seek to enforce policies which directly affect the greatest citizens of this nation (namely Asian doctors).

Race is purely irrelevant in politics. After all, we descend from Germans and have incurred profound ethnic influences from French, Jewish and Middle-Eastern groups over the past 100 years.

Oh, and that 'great' British dish -- fish and chips -- is a Jewish invention
    but you see, here is another point, you have mentioned race...but I havn't.
    You have mentioned jews, but I havn't.
    Why is that?
    I'll give you the answer, because I don't care about race/religion/disability etc, I care about standing up for what is right. Whereas the politically correct care about not standing up for what is right purely in the name of being politically correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackthevillain)
    They glorify communists who commited more mass murder than the nazis so you know we are the nicer ones actually.
    Yes the far left will but those just off centre by no means glorify communism

ReputationRep:
    10 confirmed members forwarded to speaker. Still accepting members though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinchenko)
    Question: Why do we NEED a large industrial base? It is not necessary, or even possible to rebuild a massive low-skilled base set of workers. Far more desirable to improve education, become a global design and technology and commerce hub (as we slowly are - London is now the world's biggest city in terms of financial transactions) and outsource the actual building of stuff to places that can do it much cheaper. It means that people in this country get a much better quality of life and richer, outsourcing means we provide money to other countries that's not aid but does help their development. India can build anything that we can far cheaper because of cheaper land and better resource availability and less restrictive planning regimes.

Therefore why not just try and profit out of that instead of trying to compete when we can't?? It'd take a generation or two for improved education and so on, but british industry oughtn't to be resuscitated, it's progress to move away from it! Having the vast majority of people work in the design, technology and services industries would be of massive benefit to us, as our incomes and quality of life would improve. In a globalised world, it is just irrelevant whether we produce our own goods and so on (though it is probably desirable for environmental reasons to produce most of our own food and more of our own energy). It just seems to be a massive falsehood that government ought to be investing a lot in propping up low-tech jobs in basic industries, I've yet to hear a convincing and comprehensive argument for it! I am, here, excluding the much more high tech and developed (and better paid) industries just to be clear - having companies like Boeing and EADS and BAe is only advantageous to us.
    By increasing our industrial base I must clarify that I do not mean going back to having a steel or iron works in every town. I don't mean that I support cotton mills to spring up here, there and everywhere. Yet, we can't have a purely service sector economy, as a service sector economy doesn't produce nearly as much wealth that we can hence use to transfer our goods for cheaper consumer goods on the world market. The goods we would create ourselves would be high-end, top of the range goods, that the growing middle classes of India and China would like to purchase, this include new phones, Ipods, gaming consoles etc. Alongside such things as wave, geo-thermal and nuclear energy, electric cars and so on.

ReputationRep:
    I'M IN LOL JK, I'm not a complete **** head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave Davidson)
    Welcome to what will soon become a real alternative in the TSR HOC.

If you wish to join simply PM me.

We have the ten needed but are always looking for more!
    I'm black, my name's Mohammed and I scrounge off the benefit system. Can I join?

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't call that racism. I'd call it exploitation of foreign laws. The vast majority of BNP members are racist and spout horrible things about ethnic minorites. I actually feel sorry for them. Not in a patronising way but because many working class men feel emasculated because the education system has failed them and thus they can't find work. So what do they do? Unite and find a common enemy/enemies in order to hold on to sadly what they believe is their masculinity.
    I blame the root that is he government for failing to hear these people and tackle the issue before this happened.
    And how many meetings have you attended? How long ago were you a fully paid up member of the party? Whilst your comment on the education system is a fair one, and one that I agree with(it does emasculate young men) your thesis on why people join the BNP is too simplistic; for a start a decent contingent within the party is of the upper-middle or upper class rather than the middle class(in regards to members I have meet) furthermore the last Yougov poll that documented the support within different socisl categories showed the BNP on 2% of the vote, with support amongst the higher half of the socio-economic hierarchy on a par with that of the lower half of the socio-economic hierarchy, the date it was published was December 2010. The exact date I am unsure of.

ReputationRep:
    But rights of opinion shouldn't be used to incite racial hatred as well.
    No they shouldn't. The BNP policies don't do that either, it is the mindless mongos who stick their support behind it as an excuse to be racist that achieve that end. Any BNP member, the same as a member of any other party or a citizen with no political affiliation, should and will be prosecuted for inciting racial hatred. It seems people assume that being a BNP member makes you racist, which it doesn't. Just because some BNP members are racist doesn't mean you can ban the party and tar every member with the same brush!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rant)
    I'm black, my name's Mohammed and I scrounge off the benefit system. Can I join?
    Yes, you can at: www.bnp.org.uk/join you have a discount with you can name several of Allah's names.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.