Can I make it? Watch

medtobe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have an offer for medicine AAA.
And need to get the grades now.

I got high As in my AS, which literally means I need to gets Cs in A2 to get AAA in A Level.

But the problem is that I havnt started studying(not even abit) due to various reasons. Recently I feel getting the Cs is going to be pretty difficult as I have left it too late.

If I am to start revising from tomorrow properly can I make it?
I mean start from the beginning unit 4 5 6 in Bio chem phy and C4 in maths.
I have 10 units in June.
I have forgotten AS so have to revise that again too.
I was predicted 4A* but that seems impossible now, but can I make it?

Any advise on what I should do(of couse revise).

Another problem is that this has been a weakness of mine since GCSEs leaving to the last minute and stressing thereby not achieving to my potential.
I know it would be dangerous if I do the same at uni, cannot cover it up. Any advise on how I can change my habit. any motivational tips.

I know its my fault and I just cn't imagine what I'll do if I miss my offer.

I know I'm asking for too much but can I make it to A*s or is it over the limit at this stage?
Last edited by medtobe; 7 years ago
fairycakes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
why not start revising from today? like now? then repeat everyday til the exam
Tzarchasm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Too late? How have you left it too late? You have two and a half months remaining. Quit worrying and actually get some work done. No point in asking us.
medtobe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tzarchasm)
Too late? How have you left it too late? You have two and a half months remaining. Quit worrying and actually get some work done. No point in asking us.
normally students study from september and I have to cover all that up in 2.5 months.(due to my fault)
FluffyLion
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by medtobe)
normally students study from september and I have to cover all that up in 2.5 months.(due to my fault)
Really? I don't know anyone who started revising for summer exams at A2 until around Easter, and my school got like 80% As.
medtobe
Rep:
?
(Original post by FluffyLion)
Really? I don't know anyone who started revising for summer exams at A2 until around Easter, and my school got like 80% As.
not starting to revise starting to study the course.
FluffyLion
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by medtobe)
not starting to revise starting to study the course.
Then why did you say revise in your OP? It'll be difficult to learn an entire course between now and June, but you can do it. Why not try it and see?
I'm_Unsafe.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you got all As last year, it suggests you're perfectly capable of doing well in exams. You're obviously relatively intelligent. You say you've always left things to the last minute but that didn't stop you last year. So, stop stressing, draw up a timetable/whatever works for you and get going 2 and a half months is plenty of time. Trust me.
Beska
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The only possible answer is "start revising" - what did you expect people to say?

Why are you wasting time posting this when you could have your heard buried in a book!?
Wick3d
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm, for someone of your ability I'd say 2 weeks is enough as long as you put in the hours and you study in the correct fashion. A month is enough time, so don't worry and get cracking.
emilylikeeee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get a grip and get your head in a book. No one here can tell you 'if you can make it' but if you're lucky enough to have an offer for medicine then your attitude cannot be 'Can I make it?' and needs to be 'I am going to make it'.
Implo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whether you have or not in our opinion, the right thing to do would be start now and do as much as possible every day till your exams.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (452)
91.68%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise