The Student Room Group

New friend group- weird question, please read!

So I've started spending some time with a new group of people over the last few months that I met through shared interests. We've hung out a handful of times so far. They do loads of stuff, activities, weekends away etc, last weekend we all went away together and it was fun...the thing is though although I'm invited to a few things in the next couple of weeks I've not been asked on a couple of the other trips/parties that are planned :s-smilie:

I know its none of my business who hangs out with who, or whatever, and nobody is obliged to ask me to everything, but I don't know- I suppose with other friendships its always been more inclusive, and once we were mates I've not been left out of stuff before lol. I don't know them that well yet, maybe thats it? Am I weird? Or too sensitive? Or is it strange the way these new "friends" are operating? What would you think in this position?
Reply 1
If they were my friends I'd probably feel a little disappointed and would wonder why I'm the one left out and not anyone else? Do you know if anyone else in the group has been left out or is it just you?
Maybe they just assumed you were invited?
Reply 3
Thanks guys. So its not just me that finds it a bit odd then.

And no, I'm definitely not invited- because exact numbers are needed for booking tables at restaurants, and stuff like that.

I don't know :s-smilie: I think I'll have to stop assuming they are proper friends- but what I don't get is why would they bother inviting me to anything at all if they don't actually like me :rolleyes: We're all supposed to be going away at the end of the semester (they aren't at my uni, they're in a different city so most of them see each other more than me) and I don't know whether to go now. **** it I wish I could stop worrying about this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending