The Student Room Group

Does this annoy anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It was like 9:50ish so almost 10 at night. Does that change things? :colondollar:

It's night, I think he could have waited.

Anything could have happened the first time. He probably was thinking about alot, and he forgot. See what happens the next time.

But it is common courtesy to see if someone got in safely if you dropped them off at night.
Reply 81
Presumably you've gone through your front door hundreds of times.
It would be weirder if he expected you to not get inside, or for there to be an overconfident rapist waiting for the 6 second window to snatch you.

Don't be such a dumb whore. If you're turned off him because of his then you quite clearly think you're too good for most decent guys.
Reply 82
Original post by ..x Orchid x..
It's night, I think he could have waited.

Anything could have happened the first time. He probably was thinking about alot, and he forgot. See what happens the next time.

But it is common courtesy to see if someone got in safely if you dropped them off at night.

If there even is a next time haha don't think he enjoyed it either. But yeah, I always thought it was common courtesy too.

Original post by Arteta
Presumably you've gone through your front door hundreds of times.
It would be weirder if he expected you to not get inside, or for there to be an overconfident rapist waiting for the 6 second window to snatch you.

Don't be such a dumb whore. If you're turned off him because of his then you quite clearly think you're too good for most decent guys.

Was that really necessary? And no I don't think I'm too good..quite the opposite.
Reply 83
Original post by a_t
Oversensitivity annoys me

You did not intend for this comment to be ironic.

?
Reply 84

Last night I went out with This guy for the first time. He found I was into him and he was sort of surprised but he felt the same. Ever since he got my number last Saturday(from my friend), we've been texting every single day. He asked to hang out yesterday so we did. It was kind of weird though. There were a lot of silences but anyways that's not what's bothering me.

When he dropped me off and I was at my front door with my key, he drove off. Shouldn't the guy at least wait for you to get inside or open the door at least? I mean it only takes like a minute so that really annoyed. It reminds me of what my ex used to do and because of that I'm kinda turned off by the guy.

It feels like they don't care or not into you if they're not willing to do that. It's weird and it makes me feel like they think I'm just any other girl like trashy or whatever.

All in all, I got text from him this morning saying good morning...

Am I making a big deal out of this?

I think you should totally give your self more to make a better decision. He seems pretty OK, except for that...
im not sure it would annoy me as such but i would of expected him to wait...
if i drop a friend off i always wait till they open the door before i leave....*shrug*
x
Reply 86
Original post by CoolDude
I think you should totally give your self more to make a better decision. He seems pretty OK, except for that...

Just curious, what you mean by give my self more?:confused:

Last night I went out with This guy for the first time. He found I was into him and he was sort of surprised but he felt the same. Ever since he got my number last Saturday(from my friend), we've been texting every single day. He asked to hang out yesterday so we did. It was kind of weird though. There were a lot of silences but anyways that's not what's bothering me.

When he dropped me off and I was at my front door with my key, he drove off. Shouldn't the guy at least wait for you to get inside or open the door at least? I mean it only takes like a minute so that really annoyed. It reminds me of what my ex used to do and because of that I'm kinda turned off by the guy.

It feels like they don't care or not into you if they're not willing to do that. It's weird and it makes me feel like they think I'm just any other girl like trashy or whatever.

All in all, I got text from him this morning saying good morning...

Lol yea... I would never just drive off after dropping anyone off until they were in their house. When I used to get dropped off by friends they never left until I was inside even though we both knew someone was home and it was near high noon.
Reply 88
It sounds like you're trying to think of a reason. Trust your instincts, maybe there's just not so much chemistry as you originally thought and in that case you're going to have to end things, don't lead him on just be honest

Yes.
Reply 90
Perhaps he doesn't want you to feel weird in case you live in a ****hole and chose some random house so you don't look bad in front of him. It happens. :P
Reply 91
Original post by CapnHooch
Well you didn't invite him in for some coffee, why should he stay around?

A cup of wine would have been even better :wink:
Reply 92
Your totaly right, also he should follow you to work/uni to make sure your safe and occasionaly peer through your window just to check up on you
Reply 93

Just curious, what you mean by give my self more?:confused:

LOL! Sorry I meant....more TIME.....to make a good decision.
I know what u mean. it does show they care. it's the normal thing to do where i live, it's polite, even if the person waiting is just a friend.
there's a guy i like, and we've been meeting up, but he's so awkward in public, and in shops i walk alongside him. and he just hurries on without waiting for me. it's small. but it does make me feel like crap, and running after him like he's my father.
Reply 95

No, of course you aren't.

What is it with the girls who expect us to wait for them to enter the house before leaving? Are you so incapable that you need to be watched in case you stab yourself with your keys or something? If you will dump a guy over something like that good for him, he'll have dodged a bullet.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by Sendaii

Original post by Sendaii
No, of course you aren't.

What is it with the girls who expect us to wait for them to enter the house before leaving? Are you so incapable that you need to be watched in case you stab yourself with your keys or something? If you will dump a guy over something like that good for him, he'll have dodged a bullet.

Lol, I get locked out of my house sometimes because the latch falls down so a key won't open it! (in that case I'd rather a guy didn't see that! :tongue:)

OP I don't think it's important, it was a first date after all and he probably just did what he would do if it was one of his mates :smile: caring about someone comes with time, you'll probably find that when/if you go on another date with him he'll wait for you to get in :smile: he was probably just so glad the date went well and didn't think he'd be judged after it had finished! :biggrin:
Reply 97
Original post by woozeybear
Lol, I get locked out of my house sometimes because the latch falls down so a key won't open it!

...fair point :P
Original post by Foo.mp3
Man I'd have some fun in that situation, granted it must be annoying/disappointing for a gal but on the flipside at least he had something to say!

:hand:

So you think you'd be okay with going out to meet a girl and look forward to having a good time, get to know her etc ...but instead you're sat there listening to someone talk about politics, history & Hitler's biography... (which you dont know much about, usually i can talk about anything..and it's better to talk about present situations) responding with only three words:

'oh'
'really?'
'yeah'

..and then she talks about her ex...and how he's a slut, and she hates him because he left her. And how she loved him so much, but cant understand how he could just leave....and then about what her ex is doing now.

..and then you slip in that she should just forget her ex, and move on...and she agrees with you..but continues to talk about him.

Then the last 5 minutes..she compliments you, and would like to do all that again...

P.S. You say that now...but really, you'd run a mile.
No there were a few other things as well..

Well seeing as this is the one you brought to our attention it would be logical to assume this was the worst of the "problems"

oh i cant be bothered going through six pages of this drivel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending