Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ina78099)
    I already call to admin office today and asked have they send out all the invitations, they said "we haven't confirmed yet, should wait untill 4th March"
    odd. They must be 95% done if that is the case.
    Hope some of you get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notwinter)
    odd. They must be 95% done if that is the case.
    Hope some of you get it.
    yeahh.. or they're just not allowed to say on the phone! I hope they do have more and that more people on here get it if so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganabcdefg)
    yeahh.. or they're just not allowed to say on the phone! I hope they do have more and that more people on here get it if so
    I doubt they are going to send anymore out. They arent exactly going to reply saying you are rejected if you ring up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artfanatic)
    I doubt they are going to send anymore out. They arent exactly going to reply saying you are rejected if you ring up...
    I don't think they're allowed to say anything.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard from both goldsmiths & slade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberhahn1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it's a good thing you haven't heard from goldsmiths, I know of people who have been rejected from there! No news is good news

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats probably a good sign! I applied for slade and goldsmith and I got a rejection yesterday So thats probably good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninat27)
    Thats probably a good sign! I applied for slade and goldsmith and I got a rejection yesterday So thats probably good
    ahh man gutted for you lets pray I don't get rejected from either

a rejection from slade?? (I haven't heard of any slade rejections but I have heard of people being rejected from goldsmiths)

good luck with your other choices/options

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganabcdefg)
    I think it's a good thing you haven't heard from goldsmiths, I know of people who have been rejected from there! No news is good news

yeah I am just super concerned about Slade

ReputationRep:
    I'm preparing myself for the likelihood of rejection now at least we are able to talk about it, makes things a bit better

I'm thinking if I do get a goldsmiths interview/offer would you guys accept it or apply again next year to Slade & Goldsmiths (if you get in first time probs get in again)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just thought I should mention that Goldsmiths don't like re-applicants. They now specify that your foundation year has to be taken in the year immediately before you wish to start your BA. This is (partly) to deter people from re-applying.

Good luck with all your applications.

ReputationRep:
    i think as far as goldsmiths go, no news is good news. i got an interview invitation today so you guys still have hope! but i dont think i can say the same for slade.

ReputationRep:
    Just adding my two cents, I was scanning this looking for interview advice:

Eight people on my foundation course, including myself, applied to slade. One of them, when she picked up her portfolio had a bright pink highlighter scribble on the sticker they put on her portfolio (you know the one you get when you drop it off, mine was F20). Nobody else had anything like that. She was told she had an interview during half term, about a fortnight ago. She was applying to the BfA and she's pretty much pure painting; our tutor said he thinks it's because her work jumps out as visually quite different but it's not very conceptual, so it was easy to decide on. Probably the least conceptually thought out of all our applicants.

I only just heard I have an interview two days ago on Thursday, and from what I know the other six haven't heard back yet. I'm applying to the BA, and my work is quite sculptural/conceptual/time based. Our tutor said he thinks the more conceptual work requires more consideration, because it's less "obvious". There are at least two others whom I think deserve an interview, that is to say I think their work is at least as strong, if not stronger than my own. I'll be surprised if they don't, my tutor said so too, but like I said, they haven't heard yet.

Concerning the portfolio review and interview; we have a visiting tutor who is a sculpture tutor at slade who knows the process. She said in the review they will spend five minutes maximum on each portfolio. For the intewiew, I've been told the harsher they are on you the better they think your work is. I've been told I should worry if they don't engage with it much and kind of accept what you say without challenging you.

That was all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ieestok)
    Just adding my two cents, I was scanning this looking for interview advice:

Eight people on my foundation course, including myself, applied to slade. One of them, when she picked up her portfolio had a bright pink highlighter scribble on the sticker they put on her portfolio (you know the one you get when you drop it off, mine was F20). Nobody else had anything like that. She was told she had an interview during half term, about a fortnight ago. She was applying to the BfA and she's pretty much pure painting; our tutor said he thinks it's because her work jumps out as visually quite different but it's not very conceptual, so it was easy to decide on. Probably the least conceptually thought out of all our applicants.

I only just heard I have an interview two days ago on Thursday, and from what I know the other six haven't heard back yet. I'm applying to the BA, and my work is quite sculptural/conceptual/time based. Our tutor said he thinks the more conceptual work requires more consideration, because it's less "obvious". There are at least two others whom I think deserve an interview, that is to say I think their work is at least as strong, if not stronger than my own. I'll be surprised if they don't, my tutor said so too, but like I said, they haven't heard yet.

Concerning the portfolio review and interview; we have a visiting tutor who is a sculpture tutor at slade who knows the process. She said in the review they will spend five minutes maximum on each portfolio. For the intewiew, I've been told the harsher they are on you the better they think your work is. I've been told I should worry if they don't engage with it much and kind of accept what you say without challenging you.

That was all!
    I've just checked ucas and I realise I'm applying for a BA and not a BFA, I was told Thursday too. My name also had a pink scribble on it.

Interesting advice regarding the interview, I Spose I'm hoping for a challenging interview then. Amazed that u said they only do max 5 mins. They obviously haven't seen my DVD!!!!! That had my best work on it!!! Haha all the more to show them in the interview!

ReputationRep:
    I really want to know what a pink scribble means!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview who didn't get a scribble!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was wondering about. No scribble brigade.

ReputationRep:
    Mine had no scribble, and I have not heard anything yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floknoyle)
    Anyone got an interview who didn't get a scribble!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got a green scribble not a pink scribble but I haven't heard anything either! Maybe the whole scribble thing is to just throw us off hahaha!

ReputationRep:
    My portfolio had no scribble and I have an interview, I know people who haven't heard yet who had a scribble, I don't think scribbles mean anything, just administrative!

ReputationRep:
    maybe Slade rejections will be issued tomorrow as UCAS track will be back up!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.