Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swampy123)
    Hi guys, this thread has been extremely helpful over the past weeks since the portfolio review, I have been worrying about the whole thing since I dropped off my work on the 12th of February-It's nice to know that I'm not alone!
    This morning I got an email from slade saying that I have got an interview on the 12th of March which I am over the moon about, but does anyone have any ideas as to what questions they are likely to ask or what work I should take along with my portfolio?
    Hello! Congratulations & good luck!
    Sorry I don't have much advice to give but I'd love to see some of your work if you add your self to that list x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieLS)
    Hello! Congratulations & good luck!
    Sorry I don't have much advice to give but I'd love to see some of your work if you add your self to that list x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you and I hope you get your reply soon, the waiting is the worst part!
    Also I had a strange blue scribble on my portfolio label and am keen to know what it means

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethmellett)
    The letter is the first letter of your surname is it not, also anyone still waiting on goldsmiths please join me in being impatient and miserable
    I'll join you in being impatient and miserable too! First no interview from Slade, now no rejection, and no response from Goldsmiths too... I don't think I can take anymore waiting haha!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to those with interviews though! So glad there was a good few of us from this thread who got one! Let us know how they go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swampy123)
    Hi guys, this thread has been extremely helpful over the past weeks since the portfolio review, I have been worrying about the whole thing since I dropped off my work on the 12th of February-It's nice to know that I'm not alone!
    This morning I got an email from slade saying that I have got an interview on the 12th of March which I am over the moon about, but does anyone have any ideas as to what questions they are likely to ask or what work I should take along with my portfolio?
    Congrats about your interview! I remember at the open day they said they ask you why slade, why BFA/ba and then they just talk about your work! Good luck with your interview I hope it goes well still waiting to hear... Gonna be that inevitable ucas track update tomorrow I should think!

ReputationRep:
    Got the rejection 5 mins ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eei)
    Got the rejection 5 mins ago.
    Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugh just got my decline

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just want to ask is there any one who got the rejection because ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION DO NOT MEET THE ENTRY REQUIREMENT ?

ReputationRep:
    just got it. I got
    Due to the intense competition for places on this programme of study, UCL can only offer places to those it considers to be the best applicants. Regrettably, your portfolio was not as strong as that of other applicants.

anyone else get that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notwinter)
    just got it. I got
    Due to the intense competition for places on this programme of study, UCL can only offer places to those it considers to be the best applicants. Regrettably, your portfolio was not as strong as that of other applicants.

anyone else get that?
    Yup I got this.
    I expected a rejection the whole way through but ouch it still hurts
    I don't want to loose future hope. I probably wouldn't do a foundation course and reapply because like someone said previously, I don't think that's worth it unless you got to interview stage.
    Do you have to have done a BA at the slade to then do an MA at the slade? Hahaha I'm really not willing to let go of the slade dream.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yup I got this.
    I don't want to loose future hope. I probably wouldn't do a foundation course and reapply because like someone said previously, I don't think that's worth it unless you got to interview stage.
    Do you have to have done a BA at the slade to then do an MA at the slade? Hahaha I'm really not willing to let go of the slade dream.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nope you can apply for an MA from anywhere
    Sorry about the rejection

ReputationRep:
    Yup I got this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm stuck over whether to do a foundation and reapply or not! Rejected from Ruskin and Slade without interview but accepted to Lancaster. Ruskin has been my dream but I'm not sure if it will be pointless reapplying as the application is so early in the academic year.

What are everyone's else's plans who got rejected from Slade?

ReputationRep:
    just got it. I got

anyone else get that?

yep, I got the same rejection. Wish it was a little more personalised, although I can understand why not.

ReputationRep:
    nope you can apply for an MA from anywhere
    Sorry about the rejection
    You too, you really deserved an interview - your work was incredible. I was rooting for you!

We'll all meet again in years to come badgering to get on an MA maybe then hahaha 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You too, you really deserved an interview - your work was incredible. I was rooting for you!

We'll all meet again in years to come badgering to get on an MA maybe then hahaha ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh thank you! I don't think my work was conceptual enough but that's okay. I had an interview at Chelsea today so let's hope that went okay haha

Maybe we will, we never know. I will probably do an MA

ReputationRep:
    I received my rejection today too... it was expected, but it's still disappointing

Just got an interview for CSM though, but it's just sods law that it's on Friday 13th!!! Hope it's not an omen after the Slade rejection...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cericus)
    I'm stuck over whether to do a foundation and reapply or not! Rejected from Ruskin and Slade without interview but accepted to Lancaster. Ruskin has been my dream but I'm not sure if it will be pointless reapplying as the application is so early in the academic year.

What are everyone's else's plans who got rejected from Slade?
    Trust me doing a foundation year is probably the best oppurtunity you'll get to really develop your style and also the majority of people taken in by Slade/Ruskin have done/are doing art foundation. It will help you enormously and you'll love it..!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coco-)
    I received my rejection today too... it was expected, but it's still disappointing

Just got an interview for CSM though, but it's just sods law that it's on Friday 13th!!! Hope it's not an omen after the Slade rejection...
    Sorry :-(
    But well done about the CSM interview, that's great

ReputationRep:
    Sorry :-(
    But well done about the CSM interview, that's great
    Sorry too, I really thought you were going to get an interview, your work is really great! Obviously too good for Slade!

Thank you, good luck for Chelsea!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.