Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieLS)
    Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to hear about your rejection, that sucks
    But defiantly keep going, I would really suggest doing a foundation course- it's good fun and I found that the work I am producing on mine is so much stronger than it was at Alevel
    Good luck with all your future art endeavours

ReputationRep:
    sorry to hear about your rejections, it was really rather cruel of the Slade to send them out so late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coco-)
    Sorry too, I really thought you were going to get an interview, your work is really great! Obviously too good for Slade!

Thank you, good luck for Chelsea!
    hahaha obviously not :-) I don't think I make the sort of art they want but that's okay.

Yeah. hopefully it went well. It was a very short interview.

ReputationRep:
    I've been rejected from Slade x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amberhahn1)
    I've been rejected from Slade x
    I'm sorry :-(
    Where you thinking of going now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notwinter)
    hahaha obviously not :-) I don't think I make the sort of art they want but that's okay.

Yeah. hopefully it went well. It was a very short interview.
    It's so difficult to tell what they're looking for, lets just hope that we prove them wrong in the long run when we're all exhibiting in the Saatchi and the Tate haha!

Well I wish you all the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coco-)
    It's so difficult to tell what they're looking for, lets just hope that we prove them wrong in the long run when we're all exhibiting in the Saatchi and the Tate haha!

Well I wish you all the best!
    and to you too :-)

ReputationRep:
    and to you too :-)
    Aw thank you!

ReputationRep:
    It's a great school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnieLS)
    Do you have to have done a BA at the slade to then do an MA at the slade? Hahaha I'm really not willing to let go of the slade dream.
    My BA is in Literature and I applied for the MA this year. I had my interview last week - they have people from a wide variety of academic backgrounds. It's also a lot easier to get on the MA course!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry :-(
    Where you thinking of going now?
    If I don't get into Goldsmiths I will do an extra year (foundation) at my local college even though I have offers/interviews at others x

ReputationRep:
    Got my rejection today too! ah well. Sorry to everyone else who did too... But I'm sure you will succeed and do well wherever you go because you are all so hard working and talented!
    Good luck to everyone who does have interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganabcdefg)
    Got my rejection today too! ah well. Sorry to everyone else who did too... But I'm sure you will succeed and do well wherever you go because you are all so hard working and talented!
    Good luck to everyone who does have interviews!

agreed, sorry you didn't get one. Your work is really good :-)

ReputationRep:
    agreed, sorry you didn't get one. Your work is really good :-)
    Thank you. I think we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves as it really is down to personal taste at the end of the day! I am happy with the other offers I have got though so now just to decide where to go! And I have my chelsea interview tomorrow!! Did you have one today? How was it?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, my condolences to everyone. Hopefully some of us will perhaps meet somewhere else. On Thursday is my CSM interview and if it doesn't go my way, I will firm Camberwell and definitely reject Falmouth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meganabcdefg)
    Thank you. I think we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves as it really is down to personal taste at the end of the day! I am happy with the other offers I have got though so now just to decide where to go! And I have my chelsea interview tomorrow!! Did you have one today? How was it?
    good luck! I will send you a message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eei)
    Yep, my condolences to everyone. Hopefully some of us will perhaps meet somewhere else. On Thursday is my CSM interview and if it doesn't go my way, I will firm Camberwell and definitely reject Falmouth.
    Yes hopefully some of us will .
    Good luck for your CSM interview! I have one on Friday 13th eeeek - have you heard from anyone what type of questions they will ask?

ReputationRep:
    No idea - all the advice kinda melted into one.
    Well, everywhere they seem to ask why this school, about influences and context, about your work (kinda evaluate it). I'm pretty sure they will ask about your practice and interests, because apparently at CSM's interview they decide the pathway (2D, 3D, XD and so on). And that is if they invite us in to the second stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eei)
    No idea - all the advice kinda melted into one.
    Well, everywhere they seem to ask why this school, about influences and context, about your work (kinda evaluate it). I'm pretty sure they will ask about your practice and interests, because apparently at CSM's interview they decide the pathway (2D, 3D, XD and so on). And that is if they invite us in to the second stage.
    Oh okay that's great, thank you for the heads up . Oh no, so does that mean we might not even get into the interview depending on our portfolio? Or is the second stage after the interview?

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid we have a portfolio review first and then SOME people are called back for a 15 mins chat. The rest is rejected:/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.