Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eei)
    I'm afraid we have a portfolio review first and then SOME people are called back for a 15 mins chat. The rest is rejected:/
    Oh really... and there was me thinking it would be a straight forward interview haha. Well then fingers crossed . Have you applied for Fine Art?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Very intrigued by the XD pathway. Only not sure what about their studio space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eei)
    Yes. Very intrigued by the XD pathway. Only not sure what about their studio space.
    Oh me too! It would either be that or 4D. I know a couple of people there at the moment, and I believe first years have studio space in Archway, a separate building from the main campus, but they do have lectures and occasional days there too. They seem to be really happy with the studio space, but then again I've read some negative comments about there being a lack of space which I'm a little hesitant about, but really it's hard to know without experiencing them first hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notwinter)
    Oh thank you! I don't think my work was conceptual enough but that's okay. I had an interview at Chelsea today so let's hope that went okay haha

Maybe we will, we never know. I will probably do an MA
    Hi, how did the interview at Chelsea went ? I have mine tomorrow and don't know what to expect as it's gonna be my first interview in London... How long does it last ? Is it rather formal or informal ? Are they more interested in the work itself (like are they questioning you about each piece of your portfolio) or is it more like a conversation ?
    That's a lot of question but any piece of advice or indication is welcome !
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crevette)
    Hi, how did the interview at Chelsea went ? I have mine tomorrow and don't know what to expect as it's gonna be my first interview in London... How long does it last ? Is it rather formal or informal ? Are they more interested in the work itself (like are they questioning you about each piece of your portfolio) or is it more like a conversation ?
    That's a lot of question but any piece of advice or indication is welcome !
    Thank you.
    I'll send you a message

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a goldsmiths interview? and does anyone know how many people they interview and like how many people actually applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowoo)
    does anyone have a goldsmiths interview? and does anyone know how many people they interview and like how many people actually applied?
    I have an interview but I have no idea about the amount of applicants and stuff :/

ReputationRep:
    I rang today and they said they interview everyone, they have ditched the first review thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floknoyle)
    I rang today and they said they interview everyone, they have ditched the first review thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They've rejected a lot of people I know from the online submission? Or did they used to have a physical review too?

ReputationRep:
    I'm on about st martins haha!! My bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm on about st martins haha!! My bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whoops sorry I was confused haha (love the way everything gets discussed on the slade thread)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    CSM? Good. I can talk better than art.

ReputationRep:
    I've got one at Goldsmiths too but it's really late on.. kind of annoying as so many people will be waiting on their response last!

ReputationRep:
    ah same here just got my rejection, and still waiting for goldsmiths

ReputationRep:
    I have a Goldsmiths interview on the 24th March !!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eei)
    Well done
    Thank yah!

ReputationRep:
    Had my st martins interview yesterday!! Some information if anybody had one:

- I was in a group of about 50
    - they sat us outside a room on the third floor and interviewed all of us individually
    - they said they were going to ask three questions. "Pick a breakthrough piece and tell us about it". "Why csm?" "What artists inspire your work, books etc"
    - thy said each interview would last 15 - 20 mins ..... Though mine lasted about 35 -40!?
    - there were several other people in my group who applied to slade and got rejected (just shows how many applied)
    - I waited only an hour for my interview
    - we were stood around a table, just me and a tutor
    - she asked loads more questions than the three they said, she kept pulling random images from my portfolio and pushing me to discuss those, asking about themes and stuff
    - she went off to an office to watch my showreel and left me waiting on my own in the room which felt like an eternity 😂😂😂
    - asked me some questions about my showreel and again about any other artists who inspire me
    - then she said "well done you can clear your things up now and let me know when you're ready to let you out" (the doors locked)
    - then I left and she said "thank you see you soon!"

It was quite relaxed and they were all polite, they just asked really challenging questions about my work and my process eg, "how did you do this, why didn't you do this, what was the point of doing this, in what way do these artists inspire you?" Etc (nothing unexpected I don't think)

I honestly couldn't tell you how I think I've done, they said they would let is know by April!! Haha! Good luck peeps 👌

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview with the slade, but haven't heard anything from goldsmiths. Should I assume goldsmiths has rejcted me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RroseSelavy)
    I have an interview with the slade, but haven't heard anything from goldsmiths. Should I assume goldsmiths has rejcted me?
    No I don't think so, I know loads of people that have got rejected and I haven't heard anything either :P they give out the interviews later apparently c

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.