Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Were you all for BA or BFA?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to all those with offers from Slade. Well worth waiting, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eei)
    Congrats to all those with offers from Slade. Well worth waiting, eh?

LOOOOOL sure was, hope you hear from stmarts soon!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully. If not, it will be Camberwell. See you around the town, fighting over that Turner Prize.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer as well. Congrats guys!

ReputationRep:
    Crib gratuitous everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *congratulations. Are you serious I hate my phone 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pity they haven't sent out the rest of the decisions, everyone will be kept on tenterhooks over the weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankengine)
    Congratulations everyone with offers! And best of luck to those who have had interview elsewhere. I also got an offer from the Slade! So relieved. What are the conditions of those with offers? I need a distinction...

I need a B grade in English (its complicated) and a pass in foundation....

Still need to phone up the slade because its still complicated...

should (fingers crossed) be ok tho....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankengine)
    Congratulations everyone with offers! And best of luck to those who have had interview elsewhere. I also got an offer from the Slade! So relieved. What are the conditions of those with offers? I need a distinction...
    I just have to pass my foundation

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Do what you do. There's no rule really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billymparker)
    Can anyone with offers from Slade, Goldsmiths or st martins share their portfolio so prospectives can see what we need to do
    There isn't a checklist for a good portfolio, each person I know with offers to these places (past and present) has a totally different portfolio from the next one. I would try to avoid getting bogged down in "showing all your skills" etc, and just show work you're passionate about and interested in, things you can talk about in some depth. If you take along a bunch of life drawing but there's no thought/motivation behind it except your teacher having made you do it you won't have much to talk about. They all want to see a student who is quite independent, can think for themselves and produce work they feel strongly about (positive or negative!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ieestok)
    There isn't a checklist for a good portfolio, each person I know with offers to these places (past and present) has a totally different portfolio from the next one. I would try to avoid getting bogged down in "showing all your skills" etc, and just show work you're passionate about and interested in, things you can talk about in some depth. If you take along a bunch of life drawing but there's no thought/motivation behind it except your teacher having made you do it you won't have much to talk about. They all want to see a student who is quite independent, can think for themselves and produce work they feel strongly about (positive or negative!)
    !?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billymparker)
    yeh i understand that but it would be nice to see the kind of stuff that gets in ?
    The only way you're going to get that is by asking people. If you're on foundation, ask if you can be put in touch with past students who have gotten in. Look on google, flickr etc, you can ask people on here personally or even contact current students? I don't know what more I can suggest. There's not one specific place you can look at. But like I said, bear in mind it depends on you.

Another option would be going to the university's shows at the end of the year. It'll give you an idea of the kind of work they're making and what they'll expect of you.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of people who haven't heard back from the Slade yet? Curious as to whether or not they've given out all the offers and rejections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neworder_)
    Does anyone know of people who haven't heard back from the Slade yet? Curious as to whether or not they've given out all the offers and rejections.
    Haven't heard yet. But now i'm convinced it's just an administrative process and they will be sending offers / rejections until tomorrow, I suppose. The wait is a *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksader)
    Haven't heard yet. But now i'm convinced it's just an administrative process and they will be sending offers / rejections until tomorrow, I suppose. The wait is a *****.
    Hopefully late = good! Judging from last year they seemed to give offers/rejections in 2 or 3 batches, so i imagine you're still in with a good chance, some people got offers in April last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neworder_)
    Hopefully late = good! Judging from last year they seemed to give offers/rejections in 2 or 3 batches, so i imagine you're still in with a good chance, some people got offers in April last year.
    Yeah... april....... i'll be here incubating some stress herpes in the meantime.

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from goldsmiths came through this morning - I did say my interview was atrocious hahah!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.