Turn on thread page Beta

The Prince wants his wedding cake made from Rich Tea Biscuits. (For Real!) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is awesome. Apparently Kate Middleton wanted to go with a traditional multi-tiered fruit cake for their wedding, but the Prince was gutted that he couldn't have his favourite bizarre concoction - a cake made out of dark chocolate and proper McVities Rich Tea Biscuits. So, they decided to have both!

So he's commissioned McVities to make a mahoosive Rich Tea Biscuit cake for
    them!

"Prince William and Kate Middleton have been keeping an eye on costs ahead of the royal wedding – but they are sparing no expense when it comes to the cake.

The couple, who both have a sweet tooth, have chosen to have two cakes served at their wedding breakfast following their marriage at Westminster Abbey on April 29.

One will be William’s favourite chocolate biscuit cake, which is made from a special recipe involving Rich Tea biscuits and dark chocolate and is set in the freezer rather than baked in an oven.

Buckingham Palace has sent the recipe to chefs at McVitie’s, who will make an outsized version including 1,700 biscuits and nearly 40lb of chocolate."

Read more about it here!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...chocolate.html

GOOD ON YE PRINCIE!! I say you should push the boat out and have fish fingers for the meal instead of smoked salmon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    ...is set in the freezer rather than baked in an oven.
    So essentially William's a sucker for a bit of chocolate fridge cake? Good man! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Damn right! And whilst the rest of them eat their freshly grilled swan, he's totally rockin' the super noodles on toast!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I can fully digest(ive) the amount of money wasted on that cake.
    :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'd get a malted milk one. :sogood:

I must see what this looks like.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like my sort of cake!

Although I think it would go better with digestives than rich teas maybe?

ReputationRep:
    OMG I hope McVities sell a limited edition one for the wedding :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    tbh I don't see why everyone is getting fussed about the cake....and various wedding stuffs

its HIS wedding....thats how he wants HIS cake.....

let the man have the wedding he wants (obviously same to her as well)

/thread

ReputationRep:
    Om nom nom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    tbh I don't see why everyone is getting fussed about the cake....and various wedding stuffs

/thread
    nobody's getting outraged or anything. I think it's cool. Which is why I posted it. Why all the negativity in this world?

WHYYYY?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    nobody's getting outraged or anything. I think it's cool. Which is why I posted it. Why all the negativity in this world?

WHYYYY?
    cos outside this thread....everyone is hating on them

ReputationRep:
    I'd kill for a slice of that cake :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)

/thread
    We're fussed cos it's such a ****ing awesome cake.

ReputationRep:
    Tea all round!

(I wrote this all in caps but it won't let me post it.... )

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow. I know what I'm doing to celebrate the wedding now - making my own version of their cake!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know prince Wills was so badass. I bet he makes Cheesy beanos for his wedding appetiser.

ReputationRep:
    Did you see, the article says for their wedding breakfast? Chocolate refridgerator cake for breakfast!

ReputationRep:
    Man, I didn't even notice that Soapy!! That's even more awesome! Maybe he'll be having it after his cold leftover takeaway pizza?

I used to think the Royals were uncool. Rich Tea Biscuit Wedding Cake specially commissioned by McVities instantly raises you several pegs in my estimation!

ReputationRep:
    As much as I dislike the royal family, I have to applaud that man's taste in cakes. The best version is made with glace cherries, mashmallows, raisins, chopped nuts, rich tea biscuits and dark chocolate. So easy to make, you just shove them in a bowl and smash them up, then pour the melted chocolate over. Then stick into a flat pan in the fridge for a few hours. OMG HEAVEN.

My mum was saying, how ridiculous, fancy having a special cake just for the groom. But I think it's a great way to get away with two cakes, and at my wedding (whenever that happens :P) I'll definitely be having a giant fridge cake. It's much nicer than boring fruit cake with sickly icing. Maybe several fridge cakes in tiers with a plastic bride and groom on top?

ReputationRep:
    Let him have his cake and eat it. :ahee:

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.