Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cappu34)
    Haha, no offence meant to Scotland in any way! I've just never been and didn't know whether Lloyds was only found in England or in all of UK.. (In my feeble defence, I'm not British). I probably should have known, and for that I apologise
    Hey im also going to start pharmacy on the 15th im really excited about the course itself, i was wondering roughly what percentage of students get a first?
    Also what would you do differently if you were a first year?
    Any tips for lectures and working outside of them

im reall sorry for all the questions any info would be really appreciated
    many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medic1992)
    I am doing really well at the moment ( barring laws and ethics in pharmacy module – im on 59% so far)

ReputationRep:
    its a hard degree no doubt about that however its worth it! I learned so many things, however there are subjects which you wish you never did pharmacy such as FMT formulation, manufacture.....dreadful.

I actually found it really helpful as I am going to apply to medicine now, if i didnt do pharmacy i dont know if i would still have the desire and insight to do medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    its a hard degree no doubt about that however its worth it! I learned so many things, however there are subjects which you wish you never did pharmacy such as FMT formulation, manufacture.....dreadful.

I actually found it really helpful as I am going to apply to medicine now, if i didnt do pharmacy i dont know if i would still have the desire and insight to do medicine
    How are you financing your medicine course now? And do you get any funding at all towards the course from elsewhere (e.g government, employer...?)

Sorry, thought I'd ask a few cheeky questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angrystrudel)
    How are you financing your medicine course now? And do you get any funding at all towards the course from elsewhere (e.g government, employer...?)

Sorry, thought I'd ask a few cheeky questions!
    No abs fine with me.

I am at the applying stage now, thus I havent started med yet. I am funding it myself from my pre-reg money, which wasnt bad at all! Plus I have plenty of family support, which is an advantage many would dream to have. I consider myself luck in that aspect, becuase even if I couldnt afford it, my family would fund it no probs. I am prepared to pay whatever it takes to get into med because thats what always wanted in the first place. Studying pharmacy has actually encouraged me to apply to medicine. I am still going to work from now until my entry date.

Are you a student or pharmacist, may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    No abs fine with me.

I am at the applying stage now, thus I havent started med yet. I am funding it myself from my pre-reg money, which wasnt bad at all! Plus I have plenty of family support, which is an advantage many would dream to have. I consider myself luck in that aspect, becuase even if I couldnt afford it, my family would fund it no probs. I am prepared to pay whatever it takes to get into med because thats what always wanted in the first place. Studying pharmacy has actually encouraged me to apply to medicine. I am still going to work from now until my entry date.

Are you a student or pharmacist, may I ask?
    Third year pharmacy

Thanks for the advice, you're making the right choice.
    Unfortunately, I wouldn't have the funding from my family I was weighing up the option of saving up some funds from pre-registration plus working as a pharmacist at weekends but it doesn't sound much fun and it's wishful thinking anyway to afford the £9000 a year purely off that (not forgetting living costs!). Just not an option - shame really. Hopefully there will be a funded/shorter conversion course in the future :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angrystrudel)
    Third year pharmacy

Thanks for the advice, you're making the right choice.
    Unfortunately, I wouldn't have the funding from my family I was weighing up the option of saving up some funds from pre-registration plus working as a pharmacist at weekends but it doesn't sound much fun and it's wishful thinking anyway to afford the £9000 a year purely off that (not forgetting living costs!). Just not an option - shame really. Hopefully there will be a funded/shorter conversion course in the future :rolleyes:.
    You could always do the scottish 5 year course which cost around £1820 a year, not bad really. I wish they had 4 year courses of med in scotland, would be so convenient for me!

Good luck for third year

ReputationRep:
    You could always do the scottish 5 year course which cost around £1820 a year, not bad really. I wish they had 4 year courses of med in scotland, would be so convenient for me!

Good luck for third year
    Thank you

Good luck in medicine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 10, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.