Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    I am currently in my 4th year of studying medicine at Leicester and due to personal reasons I am considering temporary withdrawal from the course. My withdrawal would start within the next month and would continue for the following academic year too.

    Does anyone know how this would affect my student finance for the rest of this year? I am living in rented accommodation and without my student loan I would be unable to pay the rent for the remaining year.

    Any help would be very much appreciated,


    • PS Helper

    PS Helper
    You would receive student loan for the year proportional to the number of days of your course you were registered for. Anything overpaid would be due immediately although if you phone them they would accept £5 a month towards that.

    After that you wouldn't receive any more loan until you were officially on your course again. You'd need to find funds to cover your rent elsewhere I'm afraid.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.