The Student Room Group

Why am I so ugly?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone I look at myself everyday and cry because I am not beautiful and people remind me of that everyday. I've never had a boyfriend before and I suppose I get picked on. I've been going gym for a while to keep fit but even there I suffered abuse from guys :frown: I just don't know what to do. I once over heard a guy say I had a nice personality but he just couldn't be seen with me in public. As you can imagine my confidence has been shattered on numerous occasions. Literally. I know not everyone is born beautiful on the outside but what can I do to enhance what I already have? There is probably no point all I can do is enhance my ugly features. Sorry to waste your time.

everyone is beautiful to someone so there are guys that will likeu u just be urself :smile:
Reply 21
get a hot body then. I see ugly girls get lots of attention everyday cos they put out
Reply 22
Original post by Crazy Paving
You should watch this video that I was linked the other day:

That video destroyed my world. Its scary to think what girls really look like- I might have to turn gay!!!!!!
Reply 23

She looked better before she did all that stuff to herself. Nobody else thought she looked stiff and weird when she was done?
Original post by tite23

Original post by tite23
She looked better before she did all that stuff to herself. Nobody else thought she looked stiff and weird when she was done?

Different people have different views on beauty, of course, and I agree and think she looked fine and if not a bit better before the whole change thing, it's just making a point that you can change how you look, if you're not happy or in the OP's case, other people aren't finding you attractive. Also, it was a funny video, so I couldn't miss the opportunity to post it. :colonhash:
Reply 25
:nopity: Forget those losers. Don't try to change yourself for anyone. You'll find someone who likes you for the way you are. Confidence is key.
Original post by failingatm

Original post by failingatm
:nopity: Forget those losers. Don't try to change yourself for anyone. You'll find someone who likes you for the way you are. Confidence is key.

You keep telling yourself that. :hugs: :frown:
Reply 27
Why should the opinions of shallow people matter? Ignore it. You are under no obligation to be attractive to them, so don't let their rude comments get you down. Maybe you think you're unattractive, but there will be someone who doesn't (and who's to say most people think you're ugly anyway?) If you're desparate for a boyfriend then work on your confidence maybe, but don't change your appearance for someone else.
Reply 28
You keep telling yourself that. :hugs: :frown:

:moon: I do. And it's worked.

I no longer give a ****. :h:
it sounds like such a cliche, but everyone is beautiful in there own way. and seriously, if guys don't find you attractive then they're not worth it. here is some inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qk3DqqUA8k&feature=channel_video_title
Reply 30
Original post by tite23

Definitely agree. She's a really pretty girl without makeup but by the end she looks a bit cheap an nasty.
Reply 31
For what it's worth, a friend of mine used to have guys laugh in her face when she asked them out, lots of blokes told her she was ugly, once she was in a club and a guy pointed at her and she heard his friend say 'Naw mate, she's stinking'. Bear in mind this girl is from Glasgow where, I'm sorry, the standards of beauty are not that high in the first place.:tongue: But now she has a fantastic boyfriend (and gorgeous, not that it should matter:wink:) who ADORES her. She's not changed her appearance. I just really really think he saw a beauty in her (because he liked her personality so much, and she really is brilliant) that no one else had been willing to see.

What I would say is, try to work on the things you can work on; if you're overweight go to the gym, and if you've got very bad skin go to the GP about it. Anything else should be workable if you've got a nice personality. And as a proud owner of an 'original face' (:rolleyes:) I can tell you it really doesn't have to hold your back in life, or in relationships!:biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by OBAG09L
Definitely agree. She's a really pretty girl without makeup but by the end she looks a bit cheap an nasty.

To be fair she IS a gogo dancer. Not that I'm an obsessive fan who watches her interviews.:biggrin:
Reply 33
Original post by OBAG09L

Yeah, that's what I thought - she already was pretty and then...
Reply 34
Original post by rugbyladosc
she's not that bad?

Isn't that the point of the video??
Original post by DLJ
Isn't that the point of the video??

no the point of the video is how you can go ugly to pretty but i don't think she was that bad in the 1st place.
Reply 36
if people are saying that about you thats just harsh because im sure ur awesome =) if you have a nice pesonality like that guy in the gym said, keep that you know you are a nice person first look at yourself evryday and believe your pretty coz im sure you are i believe no ones ugly in this world, yeah i know people might think im being stupid >.< but im serious, thats the mental side to it you have to have confidence in yourself then once you have start thinking about the features you like about yourself and dont say there isnt coz i bet you there is :wink: then enhance that, sorry im not so good with the physical aspect for iv'e never wore make up before =P coz i think people are georgous the way they are you just maybe need to be neat tho for example in like the clothes u wear dont just go out of the house with trackies but think about it i duuno if anythink i makes sence but i really hope it helps you because im sure your a great person =)

Haha this made me laugh... but I think some people on this site are taking it too seriously, of course she's meant to look better before!!! (I hope, although I'm sure a lot of men sadly prefer the after :frown: )
Hi everyone I look at myself everyday and cry because I am not beautiful and people remind me of that everyday. I've never had a boyfriend before and I suppose I get picked on. I've been going gym for a while to keep fit but even there I suffered abuse from guys :frown: I just don't know what to do. I once over heard a guy say I had a nice personality but he just couldn't be seen with me in public. As you can imagine my confidence has been shattered on numerous occasions. Literally. I know not everyone is born beautiful on the outside but what can I do to enhance what I already have? There is probably no point all I can do is enhance my ugly features. Sorry to waste your time.

picsss
Reply 39

Well

1) Continue going to gym, exercise will help you get the body you want! Eat healthy and drink lots of water, not only will this help you when you go to the gym but it will also help your skin, hair etc being healthy is an attractive trait and it makes you feel good.

2) Good hygiene is essential, shower everyday, clean teeth, if they are a bit grey or yellow try whiting toothpastes, clean nails etc No one likes someone who looks and smells like a tramp.

3)Start something new, martial arts, drama, dancing something where you will have to perform, you will meet new people, it will help build your confidence and you will probably have fun, may even make you more interesting.

4)Buy some new clothes, take some friends shopping with you to pick out clothes that suit you. Get a new hair cut something different, ask the hairdresser for opinions on what will suit you. Use makeup don't go overboard and look like a hooker though. Tweeze eyebrows if they are horrible bushes etc etc. If you look good on the outside you feel good on the inside.

Disclaimer: The above should help you unless you fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down but I seriously doubt you are as fugly as you think you are. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending