Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    learn how to wear makeup in a way that it will make u look more pretty and wear clothes that will look really good on u! be a happy person always smiling and laughing! it makes a person look alot more attractive! and learn to appreciate what u have and youll see yourself that ull learn how to make urself look alot better rather then just thinking that thats itt.. u can do it xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone I look at myself everyday and cry because I am not beautiful and people remind me of that everyday. I've never had a boyfriend before and I suppose I get picked on. I've been going gym for a while to keep fit but even there I suffered abuse from guys I just don't know what to do. I once over heard a guy say I had a nice personality but he just couldn't be seen with me in public. As you can imagine my confidence has been shattered on numerous occasions. Literally. I know not everyone is born beautiful on the outside but what can I do to enhance what I already have? There is probably no point all I can do is enhance my ugly features. Sorry to waste your time.
    everyone is beautiful to someone so there are guys that will likeu u just be urself

ReputationRep:
    get a hot body then. I see ugly girls get lots of attention everyday cos they put out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    You should watch this video that I was linked the other day:

That video destroyed my world. Its scary to think what girls really look like- I might have to turn gay!!!!!!

ReputationRep:

She looked better before she did all that stuff to herself. Nobody else thought she looked stiff and weird when she was done?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tite23)
    She looked better before she did all that stuff to herself. Nobody else thought she looked stiff and weird when she was done?
    Different people have different views on beauty, of course, and I agree and think she looked fine and if not a bit better before the whole change thing, it's just making a point that you can change how you look, if you're not happy or in the OP's case, other people aren't finding you attractive. Also, it was a funny video, so I couldn't miss the opportunity to post it.

ReputationRep:
    :nopity: Forget those losers. Don't try to change yourself for anyone. You'll find someone who likes you for the way you are. Confidence is key.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by failingatm)
    :nopity: Forget those losers. Don't try to change yourself for anyone. You'll find someone who likes you for the way you are. Confidence is key.
    You keep telling yourself that. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Why should the opinions of shallow people matter? Ignore it. You are under no obligation to be attractive to them, so don't let their rude comments get you down. Maybe you think you're unattractive, but there will be someone who doesn't (and who's to say most people think you're ugly anyway?) If you're desparate for a boyfriend then work on your confidence maybe, but don't change your appearance for someone else.

ReputationRep:
    You keep telling yourself that. :hugs:
    :moon: I do. And it's worked.

I no longer give a ****.

ReputationRep:
    it sounds like such a cliche, but everyone is beautiful in there own way. and seriously, if guys don't find you attractive then they're not worth it. here is some inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qk3D...el_video_title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tite23)
    Definitely agree. She's a really pretty girl without makeup but by the end she looks a bit cheap an nasty.

ReputationRep:
    For what it's worth, a friend of mine used to have guys laugh in her face when she asked them out, lots of blokes told her she was ugly, once she was in a club and a guy pointed at her and she heard his friend say 'Naw mate, she's stinking'. Bear in mind this girl is from Glasgow where, I'm sorry, the standards of beauty are not that high in the first place. But now she has a fantastic boyfriend (and gorgeous, not that it should matter) who ADORES her. She's not changed her appearance. I just really really think he saw a beauty in her (because he liked her personality so much, and she really is brilliant) that no one else had been willing to see.

What I would say is, try to work on the things you can work on; if you're overweight go to the gym, and if you've got very bad skin go to the GP about it. Anything else should be workable if you've got a nice personality. And as a proud owner of an 'original face' (:rolleyes:) I can tell you it really doesn't have to hold your back in life, or in relationships!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OBAG09L)
    Definitely agree. She's a really pretty girl without makeup but by the end she looks a bit cheap an nasty.
    To be fair she IS a gogo dancer. Not that I'm an obsessive fan who watches her interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OBAG09L)
    Yeah, that's what I thought - she already was pretty and then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    she's not that bad?
    Isn't that the point of the video??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DLJ)
    Isn't that the point of the video??
    no the point of the video is how you can go ugly to pretty but i don't think she was that bad in the 1st place.

ReputationRep:
    if people are saying that about you thats just harsh because im sure ur awesome =) if you have a nice pesonality like that guy in the gym said, keep that you know you are a nice person first look at yourself evryday and believe your pretty coz im sure you are i believe no ones ugly in this world, yeah i know people might think im being stupid >.< but im serious, thats the mental side to it you have to have confidence in yourself then once you have start thinking about the features you like about yourself and dont say there isnt coz i bet you there is then enhance that, sorry im not so good with the physical aspect for iv'e never wore make up before =P coz i think people are georgous the way they are you just maybe need to be neat tho for example in like the clothes u wear dont just go out of the house with trackies but think about it i duuno if anythink i makes sence but i really hope it helps you because im sure your a great person =)

ReputationRep:

Haha this made me laugh... but I think some people on this site are taking it too seriously, of course she's meant to look better before!!! (I hope, although I'm sure a lot of men sadly prefer the after )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone I look at myself everyday and cry because I am not beautiful and people remind me of that everyday. I've never had a boyfriend before and I suppose I get picked on. I've been going gym for a while to keep fit but even there I suffered abuse from guys I just don't know what to do. I once over heard a guy say I had a nice personality but he just couldn't be seen with me in public. As you can imagine my confidence has been shattered on numerous occasions. Literally. I know not everyone is born beautiful on the outside but what can I do to enhance what I already have? There is probably no point all I can do is enhance my ugly features. Sorry to waste your time.

picsss

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.