Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fascination)
    Anyone can bring about criminal proceedings in the courts at their own expense. This is what happens with TVL. Similar to the RSPCA.

Cautioning someone isn't arresting them; anyone can caution someone and henceforth any evidence gained is admissible in court. For organisations such as the TVL and RSPCA who are going to carry out a private prosecution a caution is necessary. NOTE a CAUTION not an ARREST.

Get yourself down to Citizens Advice Bureau OP and they will be able to provide you with FREE LEGAL ADVICE. They could also send someone into court with you to advise you.
    Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't 100% sure about it.

(Original post by tintintintin)
    Hey, see the above advice from fascination. It is also relevent to your case that means re: caution.

By the way if you get any response, post here for further advice. I'm sure many people will be able to give you the correct advie, but just be careful.

Also, don't rush with them. Ask them to put all enquiries in writing and you should always respond in writing. This will save you a lot of hassle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    There's more to this than meets the eye.
    If you admitted to watching live Chinese TV broadcasts then you need a TV license.
    I don't understand why everyone has negged this guy, infact he is entirely correct.

TV Licensing is so bull****. My family turns on the TV only once a week for like half an hour. We have been pestered to pay the license, but F*CK them, I am not paying. They can shove a stick up their ass because the whole idea of this BBC thing is BULLS*IT.

ReputationRep:
    troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph90)
    The TV Licensing Authority's under hand tactics have been highlighted on numerous occasions in the past and are well known.
    "'TV Licensing' is a trade mark of the BBC and is used under licence by companies contracted by the BBC to administer the collection of the television licence fees and enforcement of the television licensing system.

The BBC is a public authority in respect of its television licensing functions and retains overall responsibility."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedbird)
    "'TV Licensing' is a trade mark of the BBC and is used under licence by companies contracted by the BBC to administer the collection of the television licence fees and enforcement of the television licensing system.

The BBC is a public authority in respect of its television licensing functions and retains overall responsibility."
    I stand corrected.

I thought it was a totally different entity as the name suggests. But since its part of the BBC, the onus on them is even greater then to ensure memebrs of the public are treated fairly.

I wonder what kind of incentives are offered for money collected etc. by these companies.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the clarification, I wasn't 100% sure about it.

Hey, see the above advice from fascination. It is also relevent to your case that means re: caution.

By the way if you get any response, post here for further advice. I'm sure many people will be able to give you the correct advie, but just be careful.

Also, don't rush with them. Ask them to put all enquiries in writing and you should always respond in writing. This will save you a lot of hassle.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    I stand corrected.

I thought it was a totally different entity as the name suggests. But since its part of the BBC, the onus on them is even greater then to ensure memebrs of the public are treated fairly.

I wonder what kind of incentives are offered for money collected etc. by these companies.
    Their job description is sales person and they work on commission.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.