Turn on thread page Beta

Going on holiday with just parents watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i'm 16, nearly 17 and keep getting dragged on holiday with my parents since i can't be trusted at home all the time. i appreciate having the privilege and everything don't want to sound like a spoilt [email protected] but it gets extremely boring.

Next week we're going away again this time to tenerife staying at a hotel called villa cortes. will be interesting since it's somewhere new but i've checked the reviews and apparently the hotel doesn't really cater for young people so i'm guessing there's not going to be many people my age there.......

how do you normally go about holiday's with your parents? i really don't want this holiday to be another drag where we go walking around different towns each day, have a meal in the evening then that's it like they usually end up doing on holiday. how can i try and meet some people to go around with? feeling pretty bad about this holiday right now tbh

ReputationRep:
    Meet people? Or just go to the beach or something?

ReputationRep:
    I go on holiday with my parents. I'm 17, I don't mind going away with them, its only a couple of weeks, and its nice to have a holiday. We usually go to resorts where I can go off on my own, but I tend to stick with them to be honest. But my parents are quite fun to be with, so I don't mind too much :-)

ReputationRep:
    I only ever went on holiday at your age with parents to go to visit relatives. They never go to beach holidays to this day as my mum is petrified of getting sunburn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    Meet people? Or just go to the beach or something?
    ye i'll try but like i said it's mostly an adults hotel and it's fairly quiet

ReputationRep:
    You won't get bored in tenerife trust me. I loved it. And I'm sure there will be people of your age too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fight-or-Flight)
    You won't get bored in tenerife trust me. I loved it. And I'm sure there will be people of your age too
    Im going with gf to tenerife soon anything you would recommend doing?

ReputationRep:
    I always go on holiday with my parents and i don't think i've ever met any lads there
    Not because i can't make friends, but simply because the lack of teens there D:
    Its hell!

(Original post by sound bwoy)
    ye i'll try but like i said it's mostly an adults hotel and it's fairly quiet
    Try get some **** or something?

I went on holiday with my mum last year to south of France, stayed in one of those Pierre & Vacances resorts... the women were :drool: didn't bother me that I was with my mum as I just went of to the beach and clubbing.

Unless your parents are prudes try to meet women and get some!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemstar!)
    I always go on holiday with my parents and i don't think i've ever met any lads there
    Not because i can't make friends, but simply because the lack of teens there D:
    Its hell!
    where do you normally go?

ReputationRep:
    The last time my parents forced my brother and I to go on holiday with them they got us an apartment next door to them and we just locked ourselves in the apartment blaring tunes and bringing people in. They go on holiday themselves now.

My point is, go on holiday with them and do something a bit naughty or tell them how you feel bad that they are spending money on you when your quite happy to be at home. Its brutal but it works!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Try get some **** or something?

I went on holiday with my mum last year to south of France, stayed in one of those Pierre & Vacances resorts... the women were :drool: didn't bother me that I was with my mum as I just went of to the beach and clubbing.

Unless your parents are prudes try to meet women and get some!
    you went out by yourself? i can see myself finding that pretty intimidating and uncomfortable at night not knowing anyone or the area

ReputationRep:
    Too late to get out of it now, but in future could you stay with a friend? Take something to keep you occupied, puzzles, music anything like that. Or, tell them to do stuff you want to do as well, or meet people who seem around your age. Alternatively, see if any friends can come with you in future, seeing as you don't have siblings. Thankfully, I have siblings and our parents holidays catered for us too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweet by and by)
    The last time my parents forced my brother and I to go on holiday with them they got us an apartment next door to them and we just locked ourselves in the apartment blaring tunes and bringing people in. They go on holiday themselves now.

My point is, go on holiday with them and do something a bit naughty or tell them how you feel bad that they are spending money on you when your quite happy to be at home. Its brutal but it works!
    Lol, i have told them and my dad feels a bit sorry for me having to come with them all the time but my mom thinks i'll burn the house down or something. i can understand how she feels though.

i have 2 older brothers who stopped coming on holiday when they were 15 so it sort of feels a bit unfair

ReputationRep:
    When my parents took me on holiday at 16 to Fuerteventura, I got myself laid. I suggest you do the same.

you went out by yourself? i can see myself finding that pretty intimidating and uncomfortable at night not knowing anyone or the area
    Yeah, I guess I found it easier being French in a French resort so it is easier to mix with people my age, it is normally over a cigarette first (we are known for our love of a good smoke ).

You should give it a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    Im going with gf to tenerife soon anything you would recommend doing?
    Recommend avoiding the beaches. They're crap. You should have chosen Fuerteventura.

Lots of cheap booze though.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i'm 16, nearly 17 and keep getting dragged on holiday with my parents since i can't be trusted at home all the time. i appreciate having the privilege and everything don't want to sound like a spoilt [email protected] but it gets extremely boring.

Next week we're going away again this time to tenerife staying at a hotel called villa cortes. will be interesting since it's somewhere new but i've checked the reviews and apparently the hotel doesn't really cater for young people so i'm guessing there's not going to be many people my age there.......

how do you normally go about holiday's with your parents? i really don't want this holiday to be another drag where we go walking around different towns each day, have a meal in the evening then that's it like they usually end up doing on holiday. how can i try and meet some people to go around with? feeling pretty bad about this holiday right now tbh
    i'm in the same boat as you mate pretty much , try and get in some clubs or something, i'm just praying there will be some people my age where we're going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    Recommend avoiding the beaches. They're crap. You should have chosen Fuerteventura.

Lots of cheap booze though.
    ahh thanks really exciteted now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    When my parents took me on holiday at 16 to Fuerteventura, I got myself laid. I suggest you do the same.
    were there lots of people your age staying in the same hotel?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.