Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I plan on moving away to go to university where it is likely that nobody will know me. How easy is it to get settled into university life in a completely new place?

ReputationRep:
    You might hate it at first, but eventually you'll settle in.

I hated uni in Semester one, but I'm now in my second semester and I love it! x

ReputationRep:
    TBH the vast majority of people going to uni won't know anyone else either. I didn't and nobody I know at my uni did either. We've all made friends. Most people do. Unless you are completly and utterly weird you will make friends.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone else is in the same boat, but don't get deluded - pricks go to uni too.

ReputationRep:
    It is incredibly easy to make friends at uni!
    When I started uni I didn't know anyone there and by the end of the first week I had made loads of new friends! I'm now in my second year and don't talk to most of my friends from last year because they're all *****. But I've met much nicer, better friends, and I keep on meeting new people every week

ReputationRep:
    I'm nervous too! But i'm sure we will both be fine

ReputationRep:
    Very easy.

As long as you are quite sociable you'll do fine. It doesnt matter if you like or hate sports, it doesnt matter if you love or hate drinking/partying, your going to potentially have the time of your life because of it.

ReputationRep:
    I hope its easy!! I know people I've talked to say that everyone is pretty much in the same boat in freshers week, and there's loads of things organised to help you meet people.

ReputationRep:
    If you live in halls you should make friends...as a mature student living at home I haven't really. I got friendly with a girl in my first week who now ignores me for no reason so that didn't help my confidence at all!

ReputationRep:
    Oh small talk, how i loath you. I have quit several college courses and thus had to make new friends over and over. finally settled on a course i like and have made some good friends. Going to uni next year and will prob not see them

I'm going to uni in the same place i live so i'll have my core friends but rly wana make some good uni mates. My friends now are good but an upgrade now and again couldnt hurt right?

Making friends should be easy at uni as you will meet like minded people doing the specific course you are doing so you have something in common from the off. You have to make the first few steps in small talk and let the relationship flourish. Small talk will lead to getting lunch together, getting lunch will lead to hanging back out at your place, hanging out back at your place will lead to....erm erm erm nice weather were having..

Cant Wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrAndrew)
    I plan on moving away to go to university where it is likely that nobody will know me. How easy is it to get settled into university life in a completely new place?
    Pretty easy. It wouldn't occur instantly ...nor would it take ages!....one semester will do it!

(Original post by Tyler.)
    Everyone else is in the same boat, but don't get deluded - pricks go to uni too.
    Depends what one you go to

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.