Turn on thread page Beta

What's your favourite snack? watch

ReputationRep:
    And why?

I've got the munchies but i'm so indecisive I can't decide what to have.
    I'm also going through an 'i'm bored of all my regular food' phase so i'd like some ideas for some healthy(ish) and cheap snacks!

Cheers all

ReputationRep:
    Trail mix is good! You could make it yourself... dried fruit (raisins, chopped apricots, prunes, dates, mango, apple, banana chips, papaya, pineapple, etc), nuts (brazils, almonds, cashews, peanuts, pistachios, walnuts, pecans, coconut, etc) with some cheeky cereals (Cheerios, Shreddies) and chocolate (M&Ms, Smarties) thrown in for good luck.

Crudites with dips (hummus, guac, salsa)? Cheese (Babybel is good) with some fruit? Ryvitas or oatcakes with toppings (cottage cheese, peanut butter, cream cheese)? Homemade smoothies? A cup of home made veg soup? Natural yogurt with add ins (jam, fruit, dried fruit, nuts, cocoa powder, cereal)?

Idk. The possibilities are endless.

ReputationRep:
    Every other week I just buy a shed load of chocolate bars, I don't know why. I just instantly crave sugar and chocolate from time to time. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    My Favorite snack is Chicken Burgers. They are the best.

ReputationRep:
    Oreo's, although they're not very healthy :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Puff puff-Nigerian snack :its soft, warm and sweet.
    Chocolate shortbread:crumbly, melts in your mouth and I love chocolate
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Tunnocks tea cakes. :coma: Expensive in most supermarkets, but relatively cheap at farmfoods!

ReputationRep:
    Rice cakes with philadelphia light in the different flavours. (Sundried tomato and basil is gorgeous).

Toast and margerine.

Cucumber and carrot sticks. Especially with philly light for dipping.

And when being naughty: toffee popcorn, mini breadsticks dipped in nutella, oreos or chocolate!

ReputationRep:
    It changes a lot, but at the moment it's cereal bars. Alpen especially.

ReputationRep:
    rice krispie and coco pops cereal bars are only 83 cals

ReputationRep:
    Peanut butter on banana
    peanut butter and jam on rice cakes/bread
    peanut butter mixed with toffee syrup on bread
    peanut butter on it's own off the spoon like some sort of feral creature..
    I bloody love peanut butter, definitely not the healthiest option though

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's snacks are so healthy?

Is everyone being honest?

I like Salt and Vinegar Crisps, Babybel cheeses, Greek Yoghurt, Wine Gums (sometimes), Cashew Nuts, Hot Cross Buns, Spaghetti and Sausages, Ritz Crackers,

ReputationRep:
    I like yoghurt-coated raisins or banana chips, but they are quite fattening. Probably best as a rare treat, methinks. :cool:

ReputationRep:

Just
    so
    good

:coma:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ham and choose rolls and muller rice I eat a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Freakin' love crisps. Give me crisps. Any crisps. My favourites are Kettle Chips, Doritos, Walkers, Skips, Wotsits, Chipsticks, Walkers Max, Walkers Sensations...Basically anything made of potato (or not), fried (or baked), with salt.

As a healthy snack, making your own popcorn ranks pretty highly. It's so much cheaper than buying microwave packs, and you can choose what flavours to add. Apparently you can make it in the microwave with a paper sandwich bag, but I do mine on the hob:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Heat a tablespoon or so of oil in a saucepan that has a lid.
    Before it gets so hot that it starts spitting, pour in about 100g or so of popcorn kernels and put the lid on.
    Shake it about a bit to make sure all the kernels are coated in a little bit of oil.
    Leave it on the heat, shaking every now and then to move the popped kernels up to the top of the pan, and letting the unpopped kernels fall to the bottom.
    Then just dump it all in a big bowl and flavour it - I like salt, but apparently it's quite nice with cinnamon...
    It takes a few tries to perfect what heat to put it on, and you'll usually end up with a fair few unpopped kernels and some burnt popped ones...but a bag of like 500g is about 80p, compared to at least £2 for 3 Butterkist microwave bags.

ReputationRep:
    cheese cake slice,
    or fried up spaghetti & meatballs leftovers
    or BLTs

ReputationRep:
    I love salted mixed nuts!
    There's this new flavor of crisps out here; yogurt and herb, SUCH an addiction! I also like barbecue rice crackers.
    OH, also samosas.
    Basically crunchy or spicy. Not a HUGE fan of things that are sweet.

When I feel healthy, I just grab a fruit or like three plain crackers/vegetables and dip them in salsa.

ReputationRep:

with

:drool:

ReputationRep:
    Party rings - 29 calories a ring

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.