Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I’ve been made an offer on the Occupational Therapy course at Liverpool University this year, and i have just made it my firm.
    i now want to apply for accommodation, and after just going to the accommodation day yesterday, i am certain i want to stay in halls!
    However i am unsure of which site to apply for, Greenbank looked really lovely, and the rooms looked really great, and i was almost definite i was going to apply
    but after reading a couple of previous threads on this, i can't help worry that i may be missing out!
    Carnatic's bar looked quite a bit better then the one i saw in Greenbank. And lots of people have said it's harder to get to know people in Greenbank.
    Also i have heard people say, people who choose to live in Greenbank have a harder time, with the area they live in, and from the people living in Carnatic.
    But the main concern for me is with the bus stopping at Carnatic first and often getting too full for the Greenbank residents to get on. On the type of Corse i have applied for this could mean i may be late for a placement. Does anyone know if this is a frequent problem with living in Greenbank?

Sorry about all the questions! i just really want to pick the right one! (even though they all look really great!)
    Thank so much
    xx

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried about buses, definitely choose Carnatic - it can be a BIG problem.

At the end of the day, accommdation does not matter, it'll never perfectly suit your tasets, it's more about the people you live with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clare09)
    Hi
    I’ve been made an offer on the Occupational Therapy course at Liverpool University this year, and i have just made it my firm.
    i now want to apply for accommodation, and after just going to the accommodation day yesterday, i am certain i want to stay in halls!
    However i am unsure of which site to apply for, Greenbank looked really lovely, and the rooms looked really great, and i was almost definite i was going to apply
    but after reading a couple of previous threads on this, i can't help worry that i may be missing out!
    Carnatic's bar looked quite a bit better then the one i saw in Greenbank. And lots of people have said it's harder to get to know people in Greenbank.
    Also i have heard people say, people who choose to live in Greenbank have a harder time, with the area they live in, and from the people living in Carnatic.
    But the main concern for me is with the bus stopping at Carnatic first and often getting too full for the Greenbank residents to get on. On the type of Corse i have applied for this could mean i may be late for a placement. Does anyone know if this is a frequent problem with living in Greenbank?

Sorry about all the questions! i just really want to pick the right one! (even though they all look really great!)
    Thank so much
    xx
    Hey! I've already applied for D&R and R&G at Greenbank because I thought i'd much prefer self-catering but catering seems to be quite a big thing at UoL compared to other Universities.
    I think I'm about to change my accomm application for catered halls at Carnatic simply for the social aspect- seems a lot more lively and more students. Also, bar sounds better

What are your thoughts?

University open days

1. University of Liverpool
    Visits and Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Liverpool
    Visits and Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.