The Student Room Group

Domino's pizza anyone???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It's ****, overpriced pizza but it's so damn enjoyable.
Reply 41
I sold my car for 14 Large mighty meaty's
I think it's over rated...

There is this independent Pizza place I usually order from, and they do much nicer pizza and it works out loads cheaper too.

I find Domino's are a bit conservative with their toppings.
Reply 43
Dino's all the way. Two 9" pizzas for £6 or two 12" pizzas for £8 - great value.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 44
Would neevr order from domino's again, pizza hut all the way
The pizzas are second-rate paper thin junk that taste mediocre and leave you hungry. That wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so fricking expensive.

For the price of one large Domino's margherita, you could get between two and three pizzas from a local takeaway (and I mean thick, cheesy, nice tasting pizzas with toppings included).
Or you could get TEN pizzas from the freezer in Tesco. They are a bit smaller but a) you get ten of them for the same price, so you end up with more anyway and b) they taste a hell of a lot better.

Domino's is massively overrated. I don't see why people go so crazy for it.
I love Domino's.

I go there quite often.
They're nice, but I can go to another carry-out and get a 21" pizza, large chips and 2 litre bottle of juice for £10.99. Just as nice.
Reply 48
I'm not a big fan of pizza, but Dominos is the most overpriced of them all. There's one near me, and we only ever bought something from there once. Oh.. although I did get a "free pizza" voucher in the door once and used it and got a small pepperoni pizza for free..
Reply 49
I love Domino!

But I cant believe its so expensive in the UK!
I'm from Malaysia and domino's here is bout RM37 for large, which equals to £8.
And if you have the discount card which can be bought for bout £3/year, you get the buy 1 free 1 offer.
Original post by Katiechops
Heyyy,
Has anyone tried Domino's pizza? And do you think its over-priced?

I work for this company and get complaints from customers about the price... £17 for a large pizza, how is this justifiable??

What do you have on your pizzas?

Random thread i know! :smile:

I've never paid £17 for a large pizza.

Looking at my dominoes leaflet in front of me right now >_>

Large original cheese and tomato (which plain and thus the cheapest) is £10.99
The more expensive pizzas for example, the New Yorker are £15.99

What i normally do when i ring up is say that i have a 50% of voucher (when you order over £30) or a buy one get one free voucher. That means i can get a cheese and tomato pizza for £5.50 or a new yorker for £8.00. This obviously only works out if you buy pizzas with other people.

The delivery people never remember to ask for the vouchers and thus i pay half the price and it actually works out to be an alright price.
(edited 12 years ago)
Has anyone tried Domino's pizza?

Yes.
And do you think its over-priced?

Yes as the Pizzas is terrible.
What do you have on your pizzas?

Whatever I feel like at the time as I make mine most of the time or go to a non-chain restaurant.
Reply 52
The quickest way to improve the IQ of the nation by about 30 points would be to add rat poison to all Dominos pizzas, instantly wiping out everyone who has yet to figure out that you can get far better pizza for half the price from the little independent place next door.
Reply 53
Original post by Einheri
Dino's all the way. Two 9" pizzas for £6 or two 12" pizzas for £8 - great value.

Not... THE Dino's in Beeston?
Reply 54
Original post by py0alb
Not... THE Dino's in Beeston?

Yup, the one and only. :biggrin:
Reply 55
Original post by Einheri
Yup, the one and only. :biggrin:

Hmmm. I go for meatfeast and Dino's special, although the farmhouse is also good. Yourself?
Reply 56
Original post by py0alb
Hmmm. I go for meatfeast and Dino's special, although the farmhouse is also good. Yourself?

Mexican and BBQ, although the Chinese one is nice as well (I think they use Hoisin sauce rather than tomato paste, which works surprisingly well). I take it you live in Beeston and study at UoN aswell then?
They're still ridiculously overpriced even with all the offers.

Why do people thinking they're getting a great 2 for 1 deal when pretty much anyone can get it any time?
Reply 58
Original post by Einheri
Mexican and BBQ, although the Chinese one is nice as well (I think they use Hoisin sauce rather than tomato paste, which works surprisingly well). I take it you live in Beeston and study at UoN aswell then?

I certainly used to... Lots of good food options in Beeston, what with Humber Road chippy and some good chinese and indians about.
Reply 59
Original post by py0alb
I certainly used to... Lots of good food options in Beeston, what with Humber Road chippy and some good chinese and indians about.

Yeah, the Dancing Dragon is really good for Chinese and The Shama is probably the best Indian I've ever had.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest