Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Bahahahaha.

Pizza base is just bread dough. Flour, water, yeast. Tomato sauce is... tomatoes (and garlic). Toppings are whatever you get your hands on and a good drizzle of EVOO.

Unless you shop at Waitrose, you get a good idea of the value of a good pizza.

So yes, the majority of your money goes towards people shuffling your pizza around ovens and smoggy motorcycles. Not to mention the obscene amount of sugar they put in the dough.

But people are willing to pay for it so... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    "Domino's Pizza claims to have taken the pie in a blind taste test against competitors Papa John's and Pizza Hut"

Thats like saying vomit won a blind taste test against dog**** and year old yoghurt.

and yes, a windows or linux machine is considerably more powerful and functional than the Mac you could buy for the same amount of money. I don't think many people would even deny that.

Haha right okay, sorry to prove you wrong, you are clearly butthurt.

Anyway, feel free to find me a recent artcile stating dominoes lost a blind taste test to any of these independant places you seem to love? Because otherwise, you have no actual argument.

P.s.
    Just for you information.

More powerful =/= better quality.

Quality in this sense = quality of components, build quality, ability to do what t is built to do and how long it lasts for.

So.. again.. i ask, how on earth can you say windows laptops are better quality than macs.

ReputationRep:
    But who the **** wants pizza on a Tuesday? I want pizza on a Friday or Saturday, or possibly a Sunday at a push.

Who spends over £30 on whats supposed to be a cheap takeaway? That's my entire weekly food allowance. I expect to pay about £5 and get more pizza than I could possibly eat.

Even at half price, Dominos is still twice as expensive as a normal pizza place and nowhere near as good. It's like if McDonalds burger meals were £25, but people still ate there anyway. It's sheer idiocy.
    Who doesn't want pizza on Tuesday? Just cos you have a particular day in the week that you fancy takeaway other people may not. We get takeaway when there is nothing in cupboard regardless of what day it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    Who doesn't want pizza on Tuesday? Just cos you have a particular day in the week that you fancy takeaway other people may not. We get takeaway when there is nothing in cupboard regardless of what day it is.
    The fact that they offer the deal only on a Tuesday should give you a hint as to the least popular day of the week to eat pizza...

ReputationRep:
    What others have you tried, to be able to make that comparison? Obviously, chain restaurants do not count.
    I'm 24 years old, I have tried hundreds of different pizza places in my time, I can't remember what most of them are called, but I can remember I didn't want to go back, I have never found a pizza I liked more than Domino's apart from the one I previously mentioned in Italy but who's going to go all the way to Italy every time they want a decent pizza?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Haha right okay, sorry to prove you wrong, you are clearly butthurt.

Anyway, feel free to find me a recent artcile stating dominoes lost a blind taste test to any of these independant places you seem to love? Because otherwise, you have no actual argument.

P.s.
    Just for you information.

More powerful =/= better quality.

Quality in this sense = quality of components, build quality, ability to do what t is built to do and how long it lasts for.

So.. again.. i ask, how on earth can you say windows laptops are better quality than macs.
    You didn't prove me wrong. You just made yourself look like an idiot by posting a link that didn't even remotely contradict my point.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think that for £x you could get a "higher quality" Mac than you could a Linux or Windows machine. Because if so, you're just an idiot. Not even the most one-eyed Mac fanboy would attempt to argue that.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that they offer the deal only on a Tuesday should give you a hint as to the least popular day of the week to eat pizza...
    That is not the only deal they have, if you go on the website they have loads of deals most of which are available any day of the week.

ReputationRep:
    Well that is frankly a ridiculous statement to make.

I guess you know the full market plan behind the decision do you?

When student nights out have 2 for 1 drinks on a friday night, but not during the rest of the week days, does that mean friday is the night least people go out? no.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 24 years old, I have tried hundreds of different pizza places in my time, I can't remember what most of them are called, but I can remember I didn't want to go back, I have never found a pizza I liked more than Domino's apart from the one I previously mentioned in Italy but who's going to go all the way to Italy every time they want a decent pizza?

Hmmm, ok. you've totally tried loads of different places, but suddenly can't remember a single one. Sure thing. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They are super expensive, no doubt, but extremely tasty, so I don't really mind

ReputationRep:
    That is not the only deal they have, if you go on the website they have loads of deals most of which are available any day of the week.
    yes, I get a leaflet through my door on a weekly basis that I inspect hoping for a decent deal. Unfortunately its eyewateringly expensive even with the deals.

Well that is frankly a ridiculous statement to make.

I guess you know the full market plan behind the decision do you?

When student nights out have 2 for 1 drinks on a friday night, but not during the rest of the week days, does that mean friday is the night least people go out? no.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    You didn't prove me wrong. You just made yourself look like an idiot by posting a link that didn't even remotely contradict my point.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you think that for £x you could get a "higher quality" Mac than you could a Linux or Windows machine. Because if so, you're just an idiot. Not even the most one-eyed Mac fanboy would attempt to argue that.
    Haha oh dear god here we go.

Ok so my link proving that people picked dominoes over others, is completely irrelevant. Whereas your 'i think i remember independant pizzas getting chosen over dominoes in a blind taste test' attributes a real piece of evidence? What great logic

So again i ask. Prove that these independant places have been chosen over dominoes. Because if you cannot prove it (and if these studies would have been done, there would be evidence) it is simply you and your narrow minded view trying to impose that your view is correct.

Yet again, i need to explain to simple things to you.

Price =/= quality.

Anyone with any intelligence whatsoever knows macs are a product of very high quality. That is all that needs to be said. Stop clutching at tiny little arguments. Macs = high quality. Fact, deal with it.

(P.s. i dislike macs, have used them, but never bought one. I build my own PC's and have probably built around 16-19, ranging in cost.) So i guess that throws your 'fan boy' argument out the window, sorry to completely destroy another one of your points:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I personally prefer to make one myself.

Even if you splash out and go to a nice deli for the meat/cheese it still comes in a hell of a lot cheaper, especially if your friends are over and you make 2 or 3 of them. It isn't hard,its fun, you know what you are putting into it and when you get it right,it tastes better.

ReputationRep:
    Dominos is super over priced! I got one of these vouchers of 50% off and we ordered for like 20/25 pounds worth of food and only later I realised that actually, normally this would have cost like 40 to 50 pounds!! That's crazy! I mean a pizza consists of some dough, sauce and some toppings - it probably costs dominos like a pound to make a large pizza lol

ReputationRep:
    Haha oh dear god here we go.

Ok so my link proving that people picked dominoes over others, is completely irrelevant. Whereas your 'i think i remember independant pizzas getting chosen over dominoes in a blind taste test' attributes a real piece of evidence? What great logic

So again i ask. Prove that these independant places have been chosen over dominoes. Because if you cannot prove it (and if these studies would have been done, there would be evidence) it is simply you and your narrow minded view trying to impose that your view is correct.

Yet again, i need to explain to simple things to you.

Price =/= quality.

Anyone with any intelligence whatsoever knows macs are a product of very high quality. That is all that needs to be said. Stop clutching at tiny little arguments. Macs = high quality. Fact, deal with it.

(P.s. i dislike macs, have used them, but never bought one. I build my own PC's and have probably built around 16-19, ranging in cost.) So i guess that throws your 'fan boy' argument out the window, sorry to completely destroy another one of your points:rolleyes:

Oh the irony, you're the one using the price = quality argument, not me, when you said "Firstly - Dominoes is definitely better quality than these cheap fast food places that include pizza on a menu which would charge £5"

and then: "you tried to compare Dominoes & a cheap place, and McDonalds & an expensive place."

Obviously it went over your head that quality, not price, was the independent variable in my comparison, because you couldn't get your head around the idea that cheaper != lower quality.

Just to set something straight: I used £20 as a guess for a large pizza with 5 toppings of my choice. the actual price is: £19.19.

Finally: You simply can't say "Macs = high quality", because the quality of any computer varies dramatically with its price. Talking about quality without reference to how much it costs is disingenuous. Instead we need to talk about the quality/£ - which for Macs is quite low. Macs are very poor value for money compared to PCs and Linux machines.

ReputationRep:
    Had it once. It was meh. Apparently there is a good NHS discount which I could use. But tbh I rarely eat takeaway as I would just prefer to eat out properly or cook/get someone else to cook. The last time I had takeaway was longer ago than I remember.

ReputationRep:
    *high fives a fellow domino's pizza worker *

And yes, I do agree that Domino's are extortionate! Even with the deals it's still fairly expensive, but it does taste nice... hmm, I only have it occasionally as a one of treat (or when there's some going spare.)

I do get a lot of people complain about the price, but I had one recently I didn't get - she'd ordered two pizza's, and the £2 GPB and wedges, so it was £20.99 but decided that it was too expensive. tbh, I don't think that's too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Oh the irony, you're the one using the price = quality argument, not me, when you said "Firstly - Dominoes is definitely better quality than these cheap fast food places that include pizza on a menu which would charge £5"

and then: "you tried to compare Dominoes & a cheap place, and McDonalds & an expensive place."

Obviously it went over your head that quality, not price, was the independent variable in my comparison, because you couldn't get your head around the idea that cheaper != lower quality.

Just to set something straight: I used £20 as a guess for a large pizza with 5 toppings of my choice. the actual price is: £19.19.

Finally: You simply can't say "Macs = high quality", because the quality of any computer varies dramatically with its price. Talking about quality without reference to how much it costs is disingenuous. Instead we need to talk about the quality/£ - which for Macs is quite low. Macs are very poor value for money compared to PCs and Linux machines.
    Actually, my comment was in response to your comparison of McDonalds and Dominoes using the price argument
    (Thus, i think you'll find, seem as your comment was first, you used the price argument first)

Bless, remembering what you have actually written would help

And actually, a large dominoes ranges from £10.99 to £15.99, using Bristol, bath & Plymouth figures.
    Doing the '5 toppings of choice' thing just to make the figure much larger than real ones is quite pathetic really.

Sorry to disappointed you and destroy yet another of your points.

Why do we ignore pure quality?
    Is it because it completely ruins your argument like i continue to do?
    Just because macs ARE high quality, and you can't deal with that simple fact, doesn't mean you then go 'but umm.. no.. we have to talk about it in terms of price too' . Stop being butt hurt about being wrong and get over it.

P.s. Macs , with reference to quality & £ , are actually quite good value for money. They are well known to last much, much longer than the same priced laptops. Have much better batteries, better quality components, better quality build, betetr for the environment etc etc

But yet again this is you with your silly little views trying to make it seem like they are correct when they aren't :rolleyes:
    Ah well, proved more of your points wrong, please reply so i can keep doing it.

ReputationRep:
    I love Dominos! Getting some tonight as it's the two for tuesdays deal. It is quite expensive but we seem to get loads of vouchers that cover costs plus I get money off from my UCAS/NUS discount cards.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, my comment was in response to your comparison of McDonalds and Dominoes using the price argument
    (Thus, i think you'll find, seem as your comment was first, you used the price argument first)

Bless, remembering what you have actually written would help

And actually, a large dominoes ranges from £12.49 to £15.99, both in Plymouth and Bristol.

My comparison used quality as the independent variable and price as the dependent variable. It's quite clear that you don't know the difference, hence the reason you keep making remarks that to anyone who understands these things appear instantly ridiculous. You then assumed that quality was in a linear relationship to price, which I was demonstrating it wasn't. It really wasn't that complex, I would expect a gcse student to understand it. Clearly, you're not at that intellectual level.

The comparison was between large pizzas (14 inch) with 5 toppings of your choice. That costs £19.19, I just looked it up on the Domino's website. You're not comparing like for like. Again: I would expect a gcse student to understand the importance of keeping all other factors constant in any experiment. Did they not terach you that in school?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.