Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys:
    this is bothering me so much, it's the stupid tv license.
    first of all, I bought tv license in 2009. I turned it on for less than 10 times in the whole year and only in the first few months, It has no interest to me. so I decided not to buy the tv license as I don't need it. I think there're plenty people who can live happily without tv in this modern society where internet is so advanced.
    the other day,there was this guy came to my door, he said there's an important delivery for me and tricked me into giving my name. then we had a short conversation. got to say he's so rude, treating me like a real criminal and threatened if I don't let him in, i will be prosecuted. the conversation was short, I did not answer many questions, I did not sign anything, I did not let him in because I think I can't trust this guy.
    However, I did try to corporate by emailing the tv licensing team saying I don't need a tv, they can send another one to check.but the first letter I recieved is a threatening letter saying they have evidence that I used tv without license. it says i should pay immediately, otherwise would have to face prosecution. I ignored the letter. they sent me another letter asking me if I need a license, if not , don't need to reply. so I ignored the letter. but they never send anybody here again to check.
    so last week, I got the summon. the so called witness statement is all ****ing made up, it says 'an aerial is admitted to be installed', and says 'I admitted to be watching tv without license' and all other bull**** which I never had said!!!
    Did anyone have similar experience? does anyone knows any solicitor who had been dealing with these? I would rather pay a few hundred pounds for a lawer to defend my case than giving in to this total bullying!
    Positive Rating!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.