Turn on thread page Beta

boys, why do you hate make up? watch

ReputationRep:
    Most guys wouldn't be attracted to a girl who doesn't wear make up.

Come on, unless you're amazingly natural beautiful makeup tends to make you look a HELL of a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not interested in the sort of girl whose aesthetic appeal relies upon a cosmetic façade. A modest amount of foundation to conceal blemishes is perfectly acceptable, but if I can discern that someone is wearing make-up, they've probably used too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walter Ego)
    A little to enhance is great, or well applied for a specific look can be good, but when girls slap loads on it can look awful. I keep this girl on my FB friends just to laugh at her pics....

oh dear, scrolling down slowly I didn't understand your comment.. and then her mouth came into view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    I'm not interested in the sort of girl whose aesthetic appeal relies upon a cosmetic façade. A modest amount of foundation to conceal blemishes is perfectly acceptable, but if I can discern that someone is wearing make-up, they've probably used too much.
    usually i would try to follow this rule although nights out do lead to obviously made up eyes.
    if your boyfriend says he doesn't like you wearing makeup he is either trying to compliment you or you apply your makeup badly/ wear to much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    Most guys wouldn't be attracted to a girl who doesn't wear make up.

Come on, unless you're amazingly natural beautiful makeup tends to make you look a HELL of a lot better.
    yes but do you not think theres a line.. which many people cross as to where it stops making you look better and starts to look stupid. I think lots of girls should attend some sort of class on makeup application

ReputationRep:
    people who cake themselves in the stuff just look vile really, wouldn't say all make up looks bad though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antoastew)
    Use makeup as an accessory not a necessity
    This

ReputationRep:
    A very small amount is ok, sometimes it can be ott, most girls look better natural

ReputationRep:
    I like it, but don't go tango.

ReputationRep:
    Am I missing the point?
    Is it not a huge compliment if a boy says he prefers you with no/minimal makeup? Sort of getting at the fact that you're beautiful enough without it?

Everything has to be a drama these days. Nobody can take a compliment.

ReputationRep:
    I think boys hate 'too much' make-up, and seeing as most of them probably don't notice when a girl is wearing only a little, they just assume you're not wearing any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    yes but do you not think theres a line.. which many people cross as to where it stops making you look better and starts to look stupid. I think lots of girls should attend some sort of class on makeup application
    Of course when girls put on too much or do it wrong it looks ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    because its a lie

ReputationRep:
    I just think it looks fake and gay:dontknow: Tbh I wouldn't mind a little bit of make-up but when you look like an oompa loompa thats going to far

ReputationRep:
    a bit is fine but too much looks make'em look fakee

ReputationRep:
    If you apply your make-up properly, people shouldn't be able to tell that you're actually wearing make-up :rolleyes: (obviously eyeshadow is the exception to this, but if you're wearing foundation/concealor/blusher etc.)

Some boys seem to think that wearing make-up = being orange. Not the case.

ReputationRep:
    True beauty is on the inside, but first impressions are made within 3 seconds of meeting someone. so i hate it........

ReputationRep:
    cos we want to see you as you are and without any make up????

ReputationRep:
    i prefer seeing my girlfriend without make up because i'm seeing the real her, not the stuff she hides behind to the rest of the world. i like how when its just us 2 she can not put any makeup on and still be comfortable.
    learn to be happy with yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    my fiance hates make up! he thinks it makes me look bad!

so what do you think of make up and why do SOME of you hate make up and ESPECIALLY on your girlfriends?
    It's expensive, I want to like your real face, not the face that makeup makes for you and it takes a fecking age to put on!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.