Nope
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by puke)
ever been in love and was it for real
um i thought i was...but no. I think maybe i'm still too young.
Evil Muffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Frankly, I don't think 'true love' exists (sorry to be so pessimistic). Its just an illusory concept that justifies sexual attraction and is mostly temporary, another thing to convince us that we are not alone. How can you be with a single person for that long and not get bored with them? Bring in polygamy, I say.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
Nope
Nope.

However, I want love, don't you?
gemgems89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Nope.

However, I want love, don't you?
Yes, who doesn't?!
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Evil Muffin)
Frankly, I don't think 'true love' exists (sorry to be so pessimistic). Its just an illusory concept that justifies sexual attraction and is mostly temporary, another thing to convince us that we are not alone. How can you be with a single person for that long and not get bored with them? Bring in polygamy, I say.
v deep. i agree, but i think tht people give the term 'love' to extreme infatuation which could potentially last long enough to outlive you.
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i don't think there is one 'true love' for every person. I think a lasting 'love' has to be a combination of head, heart and crotch. That is, you have to have compatable ways of thinking (not neccessarily the same, just compatible), be emotionally secure with each other and of course sexually attracted. Too often its either too much heart or too much crotch, and neither of those are real love.

To answer the question, no, i myself have never been in love in that sense, however i hav been emotionally infatuated, and definately definately in lust.
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
unrequiteed love or true love?

I can't truely say that i've felt the latter and I think i'll only feel that when I know i'm going to be with someone forever. However, my problem is i tend to fall madly in love with people I can't have.
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emom100)
unrequiteed love or true love?

I can't truely say that i've felt the latter and I think i'll only feel that when I know i'm going to be with someone forever. However, my problem is i tend to fall madly in love with people I can't have.
as someone in Buffy once said "the more unavailable, the more attractive"
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You should have made a poll. Its the only way forward!
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
You should have made a poll. Its the only way forward!
ooh, i'm bored of polls... what is your fave this? How tall is that? blah blah blah
]{ingnik
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
as someone in Buffy once said "the more unavailable, the more attractive"
well im compltely unavailable, seeing as u dont no who i am, wot i look like or wer i live (and i hav a girlfriend). so i think your rule is flawed.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ooh, i'm bored of polls... what is your fave this? How tall is that? blah blah blah
Indeed, you are fundamentally correct. However, these boring, monotonous, usually pointless polls add hours of enjoyment into the lives of people. It allows these people to feel part of a fabricated community into which they can tap and take part. These people are often sexually, emotionally, financially, and socially repressed and the poll represents an outlet to these repressed feelings.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ]{ingnik)
well im compltely unavailable, seeing as u dont no who i am, wot i look like or wer i live (and i hav a girlfriend). so i think your rule is flawed.
eh? chill

weren't my rule in the first place! something I heard on a tv show... beleive Xander said it (that was when i still watched th show of course)
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
Indeed, you are fundamentally correct. However, these boring, monotonous, usually pointless polls add hours of enjoyment into the lives of people. It allows these people to feel part of a fabricated community into which they can tap and take part. These people are often sexually, emotionally, financially, and socially repressed and the poll represents an outlet to these repressed feelings.
lol

I'm only financially repressed
MC
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol

I'm only financially repressed
Do you think I should start a poll to work out who else is finacially repressed?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
30.77%
No (15)
57.69%
Don't know (3)
11.54%

Watched Threads