The Student Room Group

Using M1 to complete M2 questions

Is it really necessary to use a lot of the M2 methods/techniques. Such as K.E = 1/2mv^2 and G.P.E = mgh in M2? I find a lot quicker just to work in forces and then multiply by the distance to get work done etc. Also there are several pendulum questions which ask you to calculate max velocity etc and again I can use SHM physics to get these answers. Will the examiner mind if the method wasn't typical to M2. Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by Freerider101
Is it really necessary to use a lot of the M2 methods/techniques. Such as K.E = 1/2mv^2 and G.P.E = mgh in M2? I find a lot quicker just to work in forces and then multiply by the distance to get work done etc. Also there are several pendulum questions which ask you to calculate max velocity etc and again I can use SHM physics to get these answers. Will the examiner mind if the method wasn't typical to M2. Thanks in advance.

As long as you're using valid maths (and it isn't really obscure) the examiner has to give you the marks. :wink2:

But I think on some questions you'll find the work-energy principle will simplify it a lot more than other methods. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest