Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please let me know asap

ReputationRep:
    It depends on if you want to be catered and how much you want to spend. Give us some ideas first

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Self-catering and dont mind paying any amount.

ReputationRep:
    Well I can offer some help, even though I'll be slightly biased

The Darwin houses are excellent, they cost the same as the Darwin College rooms but they are much nicer. The ONLY disadvantage in my opinion is that the kitchens are quite small in most of the Darwin houses, but I easily managed this year.

But to be honest most of the accomodation is great, the Eliot and Rutherford rooms are similar to Darwin College but they are catered. Tyler Court is great, nice rooms and nice kitchens. I haven't seen the Beckett Court rooms so I can't comment on those. Parkwood Houses are very similar to the Darwin Houses but I prefer Darwin (they were refurbished recently). The flats are very good but I think they cost more.

The best thing to do is go and visit, but there are no really bad places. So there is not much to worry about, I'd just go for price/food reasons when choosing.

ReputationRep:
    Do not go catered! I'm in keynes and all you have in your kitchen is a microwave, i'd agree with ^ this fella and say Darwin.

ReputationRep:
    If you prefer we have a single room and a double room in a shared student house at £360 per month and £400 to include gas, electricity, water and sewerage. You have a kitchen which is fully equipped, even off road parking. 07915673014

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jerosenuk;30676770]If you prefer we have a single room and a double room in a shared student house at £360 per month and £400 to include gas, electricity, water and sewerage. You have a kitchen which is fully equipped, even off road parking. 07915673014[/QUOTE

clutching at straws there mate lol

ReputationRep:
    I hear park wood is the best of the bestt

ReputationRep:
    I was in Parkwood for my first year. It is a bit hit and miss to be honest, because you're not sure what type of house you'll get, some have been refurbished so are really nice, some, like mine was, are pretty crap. I had really bad damp, the oven didn't work properly, stuff kept going wrong, etc. The rooms are also all different sizes but the same price; I was in a really really tiny room which was kind of horrible to spend time in, while in the same house there were massive awesome rooms.

The 6 person flats are super nice, though more expensive.

It's also really social, and kind of feels pretty independent, like you're living in an actual house if you see what I mean. It is the furthest from campus, about a 10 minute walk or so, which does mean it's kind of easier to just not go to your lectures than if you're on campus and know you just have to go round the corner.

ReputationRep:
    So ideally for a party, fun, wild, sociable place, which accomodation would you recommend

ReputationRep:
    It seems like they all have their good points, although the on campus colleges are closer to the campus bars than parkwood so it's a bit easier to go out.
    It's all about the people though. Every year will be different depending on what people are there. Last year there were several 'louder' parkwood courts and several 'quieter' ones.

ReputationRep:
    Paaaarkwooooooood!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SurajKerai)
    So ideally for a party, fun, wild, sociable place, which accomodation would you recommend
    parkwood. because there are actual houses you can have actual proper house parties, and in the first few weeks just going into a few house parties that will inevitably be going on is a great way to meet people. And house parties are good, as venue is absolutely ****, its a better way to meet people.

Some of the Parkwood houses are better than others granted, some are refurbished, some aren't yet. As for the bedroom thing, some are noticably bigger than others, but the smallest one is habitable still, its not completely tiny. Had a lot of gatherings round a friend whos room was the smallest in her house with most of the people in our group.

Some are also 5 bed, and some 6 bed houses. The 5 beds have a fairly small kitchen and one fridge. Theres a tiolet up and downstairs and one shower upstairs. The 6 bed ones have a big kitchen, 2 showers and 2 fridges. Go for parkwood, expecially if you want the social side.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 7, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.