Turn on thread page Beta

Do I stand a chance with this girl? watch

I work at a bar/restaurant two nights a week and have come to possess strange feelings for a girl who works as a waitress. We have different occupations but we regularly bump into each other as we are carrying plates, cups, etc. Unfortunately, it is always too busy and crowded for me to simply approach her and make small talk; there are always people passing through and there are always things to be done, thus making any possible communication awkward

Contrary to what you might be thinking, I am not lustful for this girl. I have no desire to have sex with her... I just see her as a unique and different girl and feel depressed when I go home because I feel as if I have lost something which I really need.

Can anybody help?

ReputationRep:
    Unless if this girl is on TSR, how should we know? Just talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    You work together so thats a great ice breaker, why don't you get to know her first then see where you go from there?

ReputationRep:
    Wow you're really good at making something not unusual like fancying someone into something really weird and creepy. No offence, but there's nothing actually wrong with lust it's perfectly natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I work at a bar/restaurant two nights a week and have come to possess strange feelings for a girl who works as a waitress. We have different occupations but we regularly bump into each other as we are carrying plates, cups, etc. Unfortunately, it is always too busy and crowded for me to simply approach her and make small talk; there are always people passing through and there are always things to be done, thus making any possible communication awkward

Contrary to what you might be thinking, I am not lustful for this girl. I have no desire to have sex with her... I just see her as a unique and different girl and feel depressed when I go home because I feel as if I have lost something which I really need.

Can anybody help?
    :confused:

You sound like a potential rapist!

:doctor:

EDIT: Just rag her on a table. That should sort it.

ReputationRep:
    "posess strange feelings" and not to mention the other phrasings is rather offputting.

Just talk to her but unless you want her to have you committed do not mention "possess strange feelings for you" If your not attracted to her it shouldnt be that hard.

Christ people today - fething grow a pair OP

Haha yeah, I am pretty bad at wording such things. I can confirm that I am not a 'potential rapist'; I merely have difficulty in expressing my feelings.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair as soon as i saw the title of this thread I was ready to say no. Me saying "yes you have a chance with her" is not going to get you the girl, have a word with her, ask her out, thats the only way your going to find out.

ReputationRep:
    Ask her, and I guess you'll find out!

ReputationRep:
    That's the thing though: I don't know how to ask her out. As I implied in my first message, there is no time (let alone space) to 'find out' whilst we are at work. I think that simply walking up to her and enquiring as to her number/Facebook would be quite weird and rude.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.