Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Drawing a blank when in the kitchen. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have yet again just experienced this. When you walk into the kitchen really hungry, but not being able to decide what your hungry for so you just aimlessly open all cupboards/fridges/freezers and don't find anything.

I'm so hungry but don't know what I want

Anyone else have this?

ReputationRep:
    yes. i also always crave food i dont have. right now i want a panini, yet here i am, eating cereal

ReputationRep:
    Not marriage material.

ReputationRep:
    when i am dying from hunger...you eat ANYTHING!! oros and bread!!! on normal days that is so disgusting...but i am dying so it tastes so good!!! DD

ReputationRep:
    All the time.

Try Supercook.com for inspiration about what to cook with the ingredients you have.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, its a very easy thing to do; the trick is to plan ahead before you go to the supermarket. The worst thing is when you find you have half the ingredients for one dish and half the ingredients for another and are forced into having a weird combination. I hate weird combinations.

For example, yesterday I fancied burgers. I had burgers, I had burger buns... but I didn't have anything else: no cheese, nobacon, no guacamole, no onion rings, nothing to make the burger interesting. So I ended up having mediterranean vegetable burgers.

ReputationRep:
    How does one "walk into the kitchen" when one is already in the kitchen?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do this. I even have loads of options sometimes but I go blank and can't decide on anything.

So I have something lame like toast & scrambled eggs which is my safe option.

ReputationRep:
    Troll.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah happens to me alot. But don't you just find that when you're starving and you eat a pepper or cucumber or some fruit, it tastes heavenly? :coma:

ReputationRep:
    That's why you've got to get out a pen and paper before hand and plan it all out.

ReputationRep:
    I have recently been shooting a blank in the bedroom

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.