Turn on thread page Beta

insecurities in relationships watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellymichelle)
    she did get caught and punished though.
    caught yeah. punished? she would be if he broke up with her.

but wait, they were on a break. does that change things in her favour? i dont quite understand on a break rules

and would you be able to live with a guy in the constant fear of him sexting, kissing or doing someone else? id rather be alone, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    caught yeah. punished? she would be if he broke up with her.

but wait, they were on a break. does that change things in her favour? i dont quite understand on a break rules

and would you be able to live with a guy in the constant fear of him sexting, kissing or doing someone else? id rather be alone, personally.

im gay so there are no males involved in this situation lol.
    we were on a break but the rules were that we were not allowed to see/kiss other people.
    i think she just felt trapped and wanted some attention.
    she knows it was wrong of her.
    im not going to leave her just because of that. she didnt physically cheat.
    if she does it again, then she knows that'll be it, so i spose its just up to her to choose whether shed rather be with me or have some pointless meaningless fun for about 5 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    My current gf is quite insecure but it doesn't bother me. I know most guys are weirded out by it but I'm just glad she cares about me enough to do things.

When she doesn't want me to do something she goes on these neurotic little rants that are absolutely adorable Most of the time I end up not doing it. She's not gone to extremes like asking me to not see friends or anything like that but she has a few crazy moments that I just go with because I love her.

She wanted me to not be friends with an ex and I did it for her. I find being friends with an ex pointless anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm a very insecure person. I feel like every people I love will leave me especially the guy that I like. :sad: I think about it all the time and I get panic attacks because of it. I can't really help it no matter how hard I try, controlling my emotions is pretty tough to deal with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    are you insecure? if so then what makes you so??

what is the point after which a mate becomes a threat to the partner?
    I am not insecure, my girlfriend and I love each other very much and it seems like our relationship gets better as time goes on. I would say that it's pretty early (6 month in 6 days) but I guess this is the point where we really learn more about the other and, luckily, use that to make the relationship better.

As for the question about when insecurities make the relationship worse? As soon as they rear their ugly head. I'm not saying that you have to always trust new boyfriends and girlfriends with your life/car/keys whatever after dating for a week, but if you're dating then you should trust them fully.

I have been in many relationships where the girl is just insecure and I'm not the type of guy to put up with the crap.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, think girls are more the insecure ones, while guys tend to get jealous easier

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like that word - insecure usually refers to confidence about yourself, nervousness - saying you're insecure about your relationship implies to me that you don't think enough of yourself, have low self esteem that you think your partner might cheat on you, find someone better.

I'm not insecure in that sense - but I don't trust my girlfriend much right now - maybe 70/80% as opposed to a say healthy 95%.

If your partner cheats on you - and you chose to stay with them - are you insecure after that...or has your partner destroyed your trust? Because saying you're insecure is admitting up to a problem you have -- which is rubbish because you'd have every right not to trust someone after that.

It's semantics but I prefer to put the blame on the partner rather than yourself in those instances - the partner has been disrespectful, has destroyed trust, it's up to that partner to restore trust. You haven't done anything wrong, you've got nothing (an insecurity) to get over.

If you are legitimately insecure - I think - you act out because of your lack of confidence in yourself.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.