Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    asking to go to the toilet xD

Just go, not right there but go
    My dad's a policeman and he told us about an incident many years ago when a young copper was in court giving evidence on one of his first times at court and he was absolutely dying for a pee whilst in the witness box but didn't know how to interrupt the proceedings to ask if he could be relieved.

He ended up having a spectacularly monumental slash in his trousers standing in the witness box!!

Never ever lived it down, apparently.

So, NEVER be afraid to ask!

ReputationRep:
    Would I have to let my lecturer know I'll probably be in and out of lectures? I have a medical condition which meants I can't control my bladder like a normal person :P

I'll probably have to leave every lecture at least once, because my bladder is horrible.

But thank you for this thread, it's made me a lot calmer about them.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know why but in my lectures no one leaves during them. Ever. One time I hadn't been feeling well and thought I was going to be sick, so I had to take the plunge and walk out; it was well awkward, everyone turned round to stare, the lecturer stopped talking for a few seconds in surprise. When I returned same thing happened!

Don't know if that's just my course at Southampton, sounds like it is lol, so don't let the above worry you :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    When one of my friend's brothers started uni, in the first week the guy beside him got a phonecall, so he answered it, and tries to like crouch down on his chair so he wont get noticed. The lecturer walks up and stands in front of him, and so the guy looks up, all scared and fearful.

Lecturer just goes 'You're not in school anymore. If you have to take a call, it's fine to leave quitely.'
    The guy looks at him for a sec, springs up, goes 'COOOOOOOL' and walks out.

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    I usually go before the lecture starts so don't have that problem, but if I was desperate and couldn't hang on, i'd leave quietly. I usually sit on the end anyway so it wouldn't be an issue.

My lectures are 50 mins long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rawrk)
    Would I have to let my lecturer know I'll probably be in and out of lectures? I have a medical condition which meants I can't control my bladder like a normal person :P

I'll probably have to leave every lecture at least once, because my bladder is horrible.

But thank you for this thread, it's made me a lot calmer about them.
    No just leave, unless you'd prefer to let them know just so you stop worrying about what people think about you (which might make you more calmer and less likely to need the loo..).

As everyone has said, its just like needing the loo in a cinema - so in your case you could just make sure you sit on the edge so less disruption?

ReputationRep:
    It takes a while to get used to walking in lectures late and having people stare as you walk in. But it's okay, if you need to pee, then go! You definitely don't need to put your hand up!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.