Turn on thread page Beta

Bath's MSc Marketing VS King's College MSc International Marketing watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Basically I received offers for both of those programmes and I am trying to make up my mind which one to choose. Initially I wanted to go to Bath because I really liked the structure of the programme, and I still do. However, I was accepted at King's College, as well, and many people tell me to go there beacause it is the better brand hence I will have better opportunities to find a job afterwards. So this is my dilemma - should I study the programme I consider better at Bath or should I go to London and study in King's mainly because of the name of the institution? What is your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same boat...i think between the 2, i would go to King and also I love the fact that it is in London...however I have applied to both and still waiting to hear back. my top choice for marketing is Imperial. Just curious but how long did it take for you to hear back?

ReputationRep:
    It took me three weeks for both universities to reply to my application. I didn't apply to Imperial because I found it too expensive compared to Bath and King's. At the moment I think I will go to Bath, I know King's is prestigious and it is in London but I like Bath's programme a lot. Where and what are you studying now?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Imperial is expensive but I feel that if I get in, it will be worth it especially as an international student, reputation means alot. So far I have applied to Edinburgh, Imperial, Warwick, Durham, and King's. The next school I was going to apply to was Bath however I might hold off until i hear back from the others. I am hoping to get into all of them as I did quite good in undergrad but who knows. I am from the US and I studied Music business with an emphasis in marketing and management. What about yourself? May I ask why you find the Bath program more interesting than the King's college one?

ReputationRep:
    I find the Bath one more appealing because it has courses on brand strategy namely Strategic Brand Management. It also has interesting perspectives on advertising theory, while King's one doesn't. King's also makes you study accounting as a compulsory subject and I studied it in my first undergraduate year. Overall, King's programme is not bad but I think Bath is better. Nevertheless, that is exactly my dilemma, whether to choose the programme I prefer or the better institution...

ReputationRep:
    What did you choose after all? I am in the same situation right now and completely confused(

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.