Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

should we spend just 1 DAY doing just 1 thing that can change our lives forever?? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking today of what percentage of my day goes in doing things that arent absolutely NECESSARY.

So many arguments and fights between people happen because someone said something they could've avoided saying.

so many people are fat because they eat when it is NOT necessary. and dont exercise when its actually needed!

so many people are sad because we THINK of stupid things that have no meaning anymore.

while so many of us are unsuccessful because we DONT do things that are needed.

tomorrow, the 4th of april, i think all of us should try to be a bit more aware of ourselves and our actions. lets do only whats required and nothing that is superfluous or 'extra' and unwanted and discuss our experiences by evening.

FYI: im not a guru or ****. im just another 20 year old who's realised i want more from life than just a monotonous unhappy existence.

what say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)
    I was just thinking today of what percentage of my day goes in doing things that arent absolutely NECESSARY.

So many arguments and fights between people happen because someone said something they could've avoided saying.

so many people are fat because they eat when it is NOT necessary. and dont exercise when its actually needed!

so many people are sad because we THINK of stupid things that have no meaning anymore.

tomorrow, the 4th of april, i think all of us should try to be a bit more aware of ourselves and our actions. lets do only whats required and nothing that is superfluous or 'extra' and unwanted and discuss our experiences by evening.

FYI: im not a guru or ****. im just another 20 year old who's realised i want more from life than just a monotonous unhappy existence.

what say?
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...wycmo1_500.jpg

I try do this anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Or lets not, I want to go outside and see black woman wearing crap weaves, and all the skinny white chavs topless because the sun popped out for a few seconds...

OP must be boring.

ReputationRep:
    The secret is that everyone is constantly changing their lives forever every day.

ReputationRep:
    This thread has less substance than aerogel.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goddogit)

what say?
    Because no matter how many of these cliched "seize the day" type phrases people throw around, the fact is that the nature of life is to that you need to do lots of mundane things- you need to go to your daily job to earn a living, you need to do housework/chores etc. And the number of mundane tasks you have to do rises hugely if you have children. Not to mention that it would get very tiring trying to do something inspirational in the time you have left over each day.

My view on it is that rather than obsessing about making the most of each day, just learn to get through the mundane times and enjoy the moments of happiness you do get.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.