Turn on thread page Beta

How much time do you spend with your parents? watch

ReputationRep:
    24/7

ReputationRep:
    x.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm home from uni I spend loads of time with my mum. When she gets home from work, we generally hang around in the kitchen until tea, then we'll watch the TV or something after that. I always spent a lot of time with my parents before I went to uni because I haven't got a TV or computer in my room, so I always sit downstairs. I like company when I'm doing work as well, so I sit at the kitchen table where they are.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not close to my mum, as in I don't talk to her about personal things but we spend a lot of time together and cook together, watch tv, shopping, movies... it's nice, I like it. My dad on the other hand not so much, email him once or twice a week.

ReputationRep:
    too much

ReputationRep:
    A fair amount, until the lectures start. -with Mum that is.
    Feel bad sometimes 'cause my dad leaves early in the morning, and then comes back late at night and then I think "wow, haven't seen Dad in two days"... though I do sometimes hear him and very rarely emerge from my room. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by you7me)
    my parents work from 2pm to 2am
    they own two businesses and i never see them on school days (unless ofcourse, I'm awake in the middle of the night)

i don't know how to talk to my parents and the only conversations we have are as folows:
    convo 1:
    dad: do you need money?
    me: no
    dad: take it anyway
    me: i don't need it
    dad: just take it.
    me: thanks!

convo 2:
    dad: do you need money?
    me: yeah
    dad: here
    me: thanks

convo 3:
    mum/dad on the phone: have you eaten
    me: no/yes
    mum/dad: make sure you eat!
    me: okay
    mum/dad: do you have homework
    me: yes/no
    mum/dad: go sleep early
    me: okay
    and they don't even say bye! :lol:

but yeah. that's it.
    yeah, when my mum phones me from work every day after school it's pretty much the same, except I don't get offered money :P

when she's home, she's either telling me to study or do some other random stuff which I don't enjoy doing, which doesn't really help

ReputationRep:
    Stopped talking to dad in jan and spend a little time with my mum as possible. Which is going well considering i moved out at 16.
    I'd say i saw my mum and co maybe once every week Max. my BF hasnt seen his parents in 3 weeks so far...

ReputationRep:
    My Mum and I (not so much my Step-Dad, as he's a tosser) spend quite a lot of time together. She ferries me around to train stations, airports or nearby races for my biking, and I sit downstairs with them sometimes. But yeah, we do spend a bit of time together. :dontknow:

Not so much as I feel I should do, but still a lot. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Well if my Dad is talking to me then we might have a bit of a conversation over dinner. But that's only about 3-4 nights per week. Other than that, he takes me to piano lessons once a week and we somtimes talk in the car. As for my Mum, we'll chat about 3-4 times per week - sometimes I'll watch a bit of TV with her, but our tastes are so different so it's not that often.

Hmmm... OP, does arguing with your parents count as time spent with them?

Mum around 1 hour a day... dad much of August.

ReputationRep:
    About 30mins on a morning before i go out to work or college. Afternoon or night time maybe 30 mins to an hour.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.