Turn on thread page Beta

Am I being unreasonable? watch

Right.

I've messed up big-time.

Today (Mothers Day), my parents mentioned coming round the uni I have firmed, on an open day.

I thought that they meant that they would come round with me, so I said that I wouldn't really like it. I was a bit shocked tbh, so, I may have been a bit harsh in the tone in which I used.

So, awkward conversation followed throughout the day; came back, I avoided them.

Then my mother came in, said if I did anything again, she'd cut me out of her life. My Dad said I'd burned lots of bridges and '****ed up massively'.

I honestly don't know what I've done wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Right.

I've messed up big-time.

Today (Mothers Day), my parents mentioned coming round the uni I have firmed, on an open day.

I thought that they meant that they would come round with me, so I said that I wouldn't really like it. I was a bit shocked tbh, so, I may have been a bit harsh in the tone in which I used.

So, awkward conversation followed throughout the day; came back, I avoided them.

Then my mother came in, said if I did anything again, she'd cut me out of her life. My Dad said I'd burned lots of bridges and '****ed up massively'.

They are probably feeling left out, you're about to move out and start a new chapter in your life and you've basically told them you don't want them to be a part of it (in their minds that's how they'll have heard it). Just apologise, and what's so bad about them looking round? Most people take their parents. They are likely to be feeling sensitive and like you're pushing them away.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as it's mothers day, a tad unreasonable, not everyone is fortunate to have parents that want to be that involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Right.

I've messed up big-time.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...it_wrong_2.jpg

That is all.

I should also add that I apologized pretty much straight away, which was wholeheartedly rejected.

I essentially feel like a massive ****, especially seeing as, well, you know the day.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.