Turn on thread page Beta

What on earth am I doing wrong?!! watch

Announcements

This is a rant as it's not really a question that can be answered tbh....

But...why is it that everyone else has partners but me? Like honestly, everyone I know has got something serious going on. Me? I have my flings of a couple of weeks and then...nothing...

I'm 18 years old. I've never had a boyfriend. I know I can't be half bad as I have friends and I get approached in clubs, but like, nothing beyond that...

I'm just getting fed-up and upset. Does anyone else feel like this? Where you get to the point where you start questioning what it is that is wrong with you? That there's some sort of vibe you're giving off? It's making me feel really down...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 18 years old. I've never had a boyfriend. I know I can't be half bad as I have friends and I get approached in clubs, but like, nothing beyond that...
    Maybe you don't go for what you want and wait for people to come to you?

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't worry about anything. just relax and take every day as it comes, there's no point in really looking for it as it can come across as desperate.

I'm the same I have been with like 2/3 people not really a proper relationships , never last longer than a few weeks. That was like a fews years ago now. I keep thinking the same like theres something wrong with me as most my friends also have boyfriend or guys that would be into them. Most of them are more confident than me I'm kinda shy . I even go to a mixed school where theres more boys than girls . I've just stopped looking I think the more you look the longer it will be. Just let it happen...you always think you're the only one thats probably not got a partner but really not everyone is.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have any male attention at all until I was 17, the fact that you have had flings shows that you are desirable, maybe you're just going for lads that just don't want relationships? It'll happen, there's nothing wrong with you, maybe just build your confidence up by approaching lads more? Not full on like just a bit flirty, who knows maybe you'll exchange numbers and it could be the start of something beautiful :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.