Turn on thread page Beta

Can you go home from uni before the end of term? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking at applying for Camp America next summer and it depends on the uni end date whether I can do it or not. Can/do students leave after exams but before the official end of term? Is it common practice? E.g. Leeds term dates for 2012 say the official session end is 15 June, but the exam period is 14-30 May.

And while we're here, what do you actually do after exams but before end of term? Just relax and do sod all?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Yep it's perfectly acceptable, I applied for camp America and would have had to leave after exams but before the end of term (I didn't get in as by time my uni had released my exam timetable, the camps had been staffed)

ReputationRep:
    As soon as your last exam finishes, you have finished for the year.

ReputationRep:
    It's not like school where you still have to go in, there isn't anything to go in for- most people I know disappear pretty much as soon as their last exam is done =P

ReputationRep:
    yep. you'll probably miss loads of parties though.

in some uni's/courses you may well have stuff to do after exams i know i'll have to next year. but don't think this is particularly common practice, especially for freshers.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You can do whatever you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    yep. you'll probably miss loads of parties though.

in some uni's/courses you may well have stuff to do after exams i know i'll have to next year. but don't think this is particularly common practice, especially for freshers.
    I don't go to uni but have never understood the whole hall party thing. The room's are proper small, and for the first few weeks you must hardly know anyone.

Any excuse though I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash_TJ)
    I don't go to uni but have never understood the whole hall party thing. The room's are proper small, and for the first few weeks you must hardly know anyone.

Any excuse though I guess.
    our rooms aren't that small and there are plenty of other places to have parties other than your room.

and the whole point of parties in freshers week is to mix with loads of people so you get to know them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    our rooms aren't that small and there are plenty of other places to have parties other than your room.

and the whole point of parties in freshers week is to mix with loads of people so you get to know them
    Never really looked it at it that way.

I'm actually buzzing to go uni, my mates have hyped it up so much. Only downside is being broke.

ReputationRep:

I'm actually buzzing to go uni, my mates have hyped it up so much. Only downside is being broke.
    Never a good thing.

ReputationRep:

get a job this summer and save up!! you'll probably be out pretty much every night for the first 2 weeks of uni, really digs into your bank account!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.