Turn on thread page Beta

Louis Theroux - America's Most Hated Family in Crisis watch

ReputationRep:
    The people on this programme are nuts, and have some severely brainwashed religious views.

Discuss.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    There was a point when Louis asked Betty if she wanted to see her daughter again and you could see, for that tiny second, a glimpse of humanity when her voice faulted. I feel sorry for them rather than angry and dismissive of their views. It is very sad that they hold such strong views.

ReputationRep:
    Grace is so fit! Damn you west baptist church!

ReputationRep:
    Some of the quotes so far which have struck me

"God hates ****"
    "They're just a bunch of filthy ****"
    "Angry little Muslims can just shut their mouths"

Shocking behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    When they showed the counter protest a couple of minutes ago, was I the only one that saw a sign that said "TITS OR GTFO" ...?

ReputationRep:
    Half of them sound like South Park characters. You have to laugh at these things; the alternative is becoming incoherent with rage.

ReputationRep:
    Its sad. They are detatched from reality and don't seem to understand how society works. People won't always agree with one another, but you have to live together. Religion does very strange things to people at extreme ends of the spectrum.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think they should all be sterlised and they should have their kids taken into care. It's horrible listening to all the brainwashed kids.

It's dispicable disgusting behaviour.
    Also the guy on at the moment, saying he's upset about attempted violence against his dog.... yet these people celebrate natural disasters killing thousands of people -_-;

ReputationRep:
    "***** Burger"

Oh my days, oh my ****ing days

ReputationRep:
    I love these people. Christians that actually believe what they claim to believe

ReputationRep:
    "Your parents didn't love you, they obviously hated you"

O.o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    When they showed the counter protest a couple of minutes ago, was I the only one that saw a sign that said "TITS OR GTFO" ...?
    I saw that too. When that lad started going on about a pink cave in Jordan all I could think was well, Jordans pink cave is something I dont want to go anywhere near.

ReputationRep:
    It is very amusing how they hold offensive signs but get upset when people have signs regarding them

ReputationRep:
    Backwards. Teaching their children that they are born to die?! Pffft.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you people, who must be at least vaguely intelligent watch such rubbish?
    Those people are ridiculous and to say that these truly represent Christianity is as ridiculous as saying they represent humanity.

I just thought I'd say that before some of you laugh at 'how ridiculous' Christians are.

ReputationRep:
    I've come to the conclusion that getting angry is just about the worst thing you can do with these people, it provokes them even more, they live on rage, they would not be where they are today without rage. If I was ever in America and I walked past them I would simply pretend they don't exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    I've come to the conclusion that getting angry is just about the worst thing you can do with these people, it provokes them even more, they live on rage, they would not be where they are today without rage. If I was ever in America and I walked past them I would simply pretend they don't exist.
    Thats a very mature and sensible approach in theory, putting it into practice may be difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazy smurf)
    Thats a very mature and sensible approach in theory, putting it into practice may be difficult.
    Yeah, I am just one person. And there are so many contradictions in their thought process that it's hard to shut up sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    They're nuts aren't they!

Ah well they make good tv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazy smurf)
    Agreed, Napalm = easier and more effective

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.