Turn on thread page Beta

Louis Theroux - America's Most Hated Family in Crisis watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMusiqueEstMaVie)
    They finally answered my email. They basically just edited my words with their own so I've just copied and pasted what they said

How shall I proceed? How should I respond?? Your suggestions please.
    Are you a Christian? I think you'd have to out Bible them.

But if it was me I wouldn't bother, they will never see sense and you might as well be arguing with a brick wall.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Someone care to fill me in? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    I reckon that upon opening that email they will immediately realise the error of their ways and come around to a more sane way of thinking.
    the power of the E-mail!! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -honeybee-)
    Are you a Christian? I think you'd have to out Bible them.

But if it was me I wouldn't bother, they will never see sense and you might as well be arguing with a brick wall.

Good luck!
    No I'm Jewish. Which made it somewhat worse.

ReputationRep:
    I replied to their email with the following:

To whom it may concern (you were not polite enough to leave a name),

I do not expect you to reply to this email. Neither do I wish you to. I do not wish to enter into an argument, as I said in my previous email. I merely leave you my thoughts on your points.

I, unlike you, understand the concept of religious freedom and respect your right to your opinion. Your opinion is that following the teachings of Jesus Christ is the only way to find salvation. I respect that you believe that - it is your right to hold whatever belief you want. However, what I do not agree with is the way in which you go about expressing that opinion. Note that you live in the United States of America. A democracy. Therefore, everyone is allowed to have whatever opinion or belief they want whether they are Christian, Atheist, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Agnostic, homophobic, homosexual, etc, etc. It is against the law for opinions and belief systems to be suppressed. Therefore, despite what you believe, you have no right to behave in the way you do towards others. Free speech allows you to but that does not mean you SHOULD.

Let me give you some examples:

G-d (and I will continue to spell His name in this way) loves everyone. That is a belief that you, as Christians, hold: G-d is omnibenevolent. In my religion, people of all religions can get to heaven as long as they abide by the Noahic Code.

Now, if you, as you say, believe that the only way people can get to heaven is by following your beliefs, then surely you should be more concerned with trying to get people to understand your religion. If more people understand, then you are likely to get more support. You are not going to get people to understand by yelling at them and telling them they are all going to hell. If G-d loves everyone, surely he wants everyone to go to heaven? The best way, according to you, to get to heaven is through Jesus Christ. If so, instead of ramming your beliefs down people's throats and picketing at funerals (which is one of the most disrespectful things to do to another human being), surely it would benefit you to go about your business in a more, let's say, people-friendly way. 'Love thy neighbour', 'Love thy enemy as thyself'. If you truly believe your way is best, you must want other people to behave like you do. If the only reason you go around doing what you do is to 'glorify G-d' then what you're doing is pretty pointless. By acting in the way you do, you are putting people off.

You failed to address this quote:

1 Corinthians 10:31-32 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, orwhatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:"

You are giving offence.

As for this quote:

Joh 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

You responded with: Not casting stones. We are warning you with words.

Have you ever heard of the term METAPHOR?
    This quote is telling you that you should not judge other people as we, as human beings, are never so pure that we can claim never to have sinned. To do so is wrong, a lie and a sin.

I am not 'judging' you. I am merely asking you to understand where I am coming from. I completely understand where you are coming from: your belief in the Bible. I am coming from a view of tolerance and understanding. What good is it doing for you to shove your beliefs down people's throats? What are you ACTUALLY getting out of it? Nothing.

Jesus was a gentle man and whether or not people believe him to be the son of G-d (which I don't), I believe that anyone who follows his teachings should understand the idea of tolerance. Jesus was kind, gentle and understanding.

I leave you with a quote from Gandhi:

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

Do not respond. I do not want to hear from you.

Yours, M. Cowen
    And they responded with:

Martina,

I’m not reading all these words that amount to you saying, “I hate God.” It is blasphemy. God is the great discriminator. Period. You are either one of His or you are not. His people obey. Those only He loves and shepherds them to glory. The reprobate rebels and He hates them. Period. It is the doctrines of grace, election and reprobation. We aren’t winning souls. We are warning every creature to obey or you are going to hell. That is our duty - that is every man’s duty. How that lands on your heart is God’s business.

All this blather and lying on God is poking God in the eye. Stop that. Obey! Jesus was the hardest fire and brimstone preacher, exclaiming who can escape the damnation of hell- meaning most won’t! Quit lying!

Luci Drain (It really doesn’t matter who is writing- the church is one body-of one accord-same answer)

Thankful member of WBC – Church of the Lord Jesus Christ (It is He that gives us the freedom to preach, freedom of speech at this hour)

You are a heretic and YOU are offended in the Word which is Christ. Titus 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;

Anathema Marantha
    I give up. I'm not replying. There is absolutely no point. They are crazy. I have been called 'a sorcerer', 'a heretic', 'a rebel' and 'a liar'. CRAZAY.

ReputationRep:
    I replied to their email with the following:

And they responded with:

I give up. I'm not replying. There is absolutely no point. They are crazy. I have been called 'a sorcerer', 'a heretic', 'a rebel' and 'a liar'. CRAZAY.
    I was on the floor when I read the first line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnicare)
    I was on the floor when I read the first line.
    I know! It's hilarious! My points were all valid and they ignored them all. Guess there's no point in arguing with crazy people. Do you think I'm right in just ignoring them or do you think I should reply again? I don't think there's much point tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I know! It's hilarious! My points were all valid and they ignored them all. Guess there's no point in arguing with crazy people. Do you think I'm right in just ignoring them or do you think I should reply again? I don't think there's much point tbh.
    Jusy ignore them, safe in the knowledge that they're bonkers. If you keep replying it will never end.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with honybee. It's like talking to a brick wall. In the end you'll just feel stupid for trying.

ReputationRep:
    You cannot reason with these people. The adults are deranged and the children have been indoctrinated.

The only way to get rid of them is to ignore them. What point would there be in them trying to express a "message" if nobody takes notice of it?

They do not debate. They do not compromise, they simply preach. If you are going to reply, play them at their own game (copying and pasting from other sources without addressing the body of the preceding message) by sending something like this:

"What do you know?" she said
    "I don't know much of anything"
    She said, "I don't believe you"
    She said, "What is love, mommy?"
    She said, "What is a homo?"

She said, "Would you still love me
    If I become a homo, mommy?"
    I said, "You picked a pretty good mommy
    If you want to be a homo
    'Cause I believe in homospirituality

"But if you listen to judgement
    If you take it in on your skin
    Under your skin
    If you listen to judgement
    Remember they are not Jesus
    They're just preaching
    But not homospirituality
    You must believe in homospirituality"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrubZ)
    Grace is so fit! Damn you west baptist church!
    Grace?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rzc)
    Someone care to fill me in? :ahee:
    I emailed the crazy church asking for their opinion on certain bible quotes I found about religious tolerance. They replied by quoting more bible stuff and calling me a sorcerer. I replied with yet more quotes (one from Gandhi ) and they replied calling me a 'heretic', a 'rebel' and a 'liar'. That's about it really.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, don't feed the trolls. All the WBC are are a bunch of real life trolls.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.