Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Louis Theroux - America's Most Hated Family in Crisis watch

ReputationRep:
    That their bigotry is so remarkable and newsworthy is a good sign, no?

Comparable bigotry is not uncommon in some Islamic countries, and even makes its way into official government textbooks.

ReputationRep:
    They're gonna eat ya babies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Actually it's really not that self-contradictory! That's a common misconception but if you wanna know more feel free to PM me
    http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...adictions.html
    http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...istencies.html

A few of those are just major pedantry, but there are a few genuine ones?

ReputationRep:
    They are just so INSANE!!!!! It's so sad though to see them young kids be brain washed and say such things. Seriously mental people.

Obama is the anti-christ lmao

As crazy and horrible as these people are they do make for entertaining tv. PMSL watching this!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...adictions.html
    http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...istencies.html

A few of those are just major pedantry, but there are a few genuine ones?
    From the brief skim I've done, those are just quotes taken out of context! If you took two random quotes from most of my essays you'd find contradiction, however, when read as a whole it's one convincing argument!

ReputationRep:
    The Holocaust was "one of the ways the Lord kicked your ass for your disobedience"--> oh, STFU. Any individual who thinks that (religious or not) is not worth calling human. */Disgust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuger)
    Well, if you believe in god, then it sort of is His judgement. Muslims, for example, believe that nothing happens without god willing it.
    Muslims believe that humans are given free will!

ReputationRep:
    Westboro Baptist Church are the most determined trolls I've ever come across. I think we should all stop feeding them

ReputationRep:
    I found the things said about jewish people disgusting, that video! and the way they said they rejoice in the holocaust because it was an act of God, i feel sorry for the children who are fed this disgusting rubbish. And they way they protested at the funerals of soldiers and that Muslim woman basically telling them their going to hell, that was heartless! what F***ING HATE!

ReputationRep:
    Actually it's really not that self-contradictory! That's a common misconception but if you wanna know more feel free to PM me
    the bible is not self contradictory really?

"Though shall not kill/murder" ------ " suffer not a witch to live" (hmm?)

i can go on but you get my point.

I went to a Presbyterian primary school and a Catholic High school i know my stuff too so if you are going to defend it please come good.

I'm an agnostic of Hindu background BTW.

ReputationRep:
    From the brief skim I've done, those are just quotes taken out of context! If you took two random quotes from most of my essays you'd find contradiction, however, when read as a whole it's one convincing argument!
    True, it's hard to give full context to them all though if there are apparently so many, the best that could be done in that situation is to post the whole Bible and highlight where the inconsistencies are, which seems maybe a bit longwinded

Undoubtedly, on the second link, the first is not an inconsistency, as the sun doesn't necessary = light. I believe directly quoting the website here would be against the rules(?), but it's hard to see how numbers 2-5, for example, could make sense no matter the context :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    You get people who act like nutcases everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I believe directly quoting the website here would be against the rules(?)
    Come again?

ReputationRep:
    This show makes me PMSL. "Obama is the anti-christ" haha Nut cases.

Its horrible to see children be brainwashed to say such horrible hateful things but there will always be people like this.

"Thank god for cancer"!! Bloody weirdo's.

Thankfully they are a very small minority

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Come again?
    Ah, may have misinterpreted condition 7.2 Got it the wrong way around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiechops)
    Backwards. Teaching their children that they are born to die?! Pffft.
    ermm...isn't that what will happen to all of us eventually?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smophy)
    They are just so INSANE!!!!! It's so sad though to see them young kids be brain washed and say such things. Seriously mental people.

Obama is the anti-christ lmao

As crazy and horrible as these people are they do make for entertaining tv. PMSL watching this!
    This was precisely the point that I was going to make. To think that these kids are never going to have a chance at a proper life like a normal child in America is saddening. Not only that, they'll grow up to be reviled by the population. Not even allowed friends?

(Perhaps the most striking) ultra-hypocritical thing they are doing is they are (knowingly) aiding the "homosexual agenda" as they put it. Through their repulsive signs and words, they've done more good for gay rights by highlighting what people have had to put up with and getting the issue publicised than than they have done harm. They couldn't care less if people convert to them, all they want to do is preach their (hateful) message and they believe that fulfils their "god-given" mission.

I am pleased for the family members who have left though. Clearly you can tell how mentally traumatised they are about the whole situation, but it's nice to see that they can actually still escape it after all those years. Good on them!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Vozhak)
    the bible is not self contradictory really?

"Though shall not kill/murder" ------ " suffer not a witch to live" (hmm?)

i can go on but you get my point.

I went to a Presbyterian primary school and a Catholic High school i know my stuff too so if you are going to defend it please come good.

I'm an agnostic of Hindu background BTW.
    I really don't want to derail this thread onto whether the Bible is contradictory or not (there are plenty of other threads out there for that debate) but basically my interpretation of that is we shouldn't be murdering, but at the end of the day, God will not accept all the many sins listed in Exodus, unless the people have repented so in that way, they will not live.

True, it's hard to give full context to them all though if there are apparently so many, the best that could be done in that situation is to post the whole Bible and highlight where the inconsistencies are, which seems maybe a bit longwinded

Undoubtedly, on the second link, the first is not an inconsistency, as the sun doesn't necessary = light. I believe directly quoting the website here would be against the rules(?), but it's hard to see how numbers 2-5, for example, could make sense no matter the context :hmmmm:
    Yeah but many Christians, myself included, would say that the creation story is merely metaphorical, and the fact that there are two versions of it placed side by side in the Bible, indicates it's metaphorical status.

Anyway, not derailing this thread further, please PM/go on the D&D Ask A Christian Thread for any more questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    They're nuts aren't they!

Ah well they make good tv.
    They're not crazy: they are just following parts of a religious book like every other religion .

Its a crazy world.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but many Christians, myself included, would say that the creation story is merely metaphorical, and the fact that there are two versions of it placed side by side in the Bible, indicates it's metaphorical status.

Anyway, not derailing this thread further, please PM/go on the D&D Ask A Christian Thread for any more questions
    That's fine; your beliefs are your own and I just wanted friendly clarification. I honestly had no intention of derailing the thread.

The main point is that the documentary was very good and made for entertaining viewing.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.