Turn on thread page Beta

Louis Theroux - America's Most Hated Family in Crisis watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrubZ)
    Grace is so fit! Damn you west baptist church!
    :sexface:

I actually considered joining.

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll gradually dissolve into cheerful oblivion as all their members sneak away and any brainwashed children will have psychotherapy to undo the decade(s) of damage these nutty twerps have done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)

My request has already been sent. Apparently there's an intiation, which will involve the Qur'an..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrubZ)
    My request has already been sent. Apparently there's an intiation, which will involve the Qur'an..
    Well, just looks like i'm going to have to out-racist you to win her over.

ReputationRep:
    If they're so against homosexuality, why aren't they also waving signs telling people not to eat shellfish and not to cut the hair on their temples or trim the edges of their beards (it's all in Leviticus!)?

More to the point, why do all the men have short hair? Hypocrites. They're all going to hell.

Also, one of Shirley Phelps-Roper's children (I forget which one) was "illegitimate". Massive ****ing hypocrite. She's going to hell.

They don't follow the "word of God", they just pick and choose.

And no, I'm not Christian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vozhak)
    the bible is not self contradictory really?

"Though shall not kill/murder" ------ " suffer not a witch to live" (hmm?)

i can go on but you get my point.

I went to a Presbyterian primary school and a Catholic High school i know my stuff too so if you are going to defend it please come good.

I'm an agnostic of Hindu background BTW.
    You shouldn't go to a church school if you are not a member of that religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)

Has the Phelps woman got all your particulars?

ReputationRep:
    It's like trolling but it doesn't happen over the internets and they actually believe what they say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickpeas1)
    If they're so against homosexuality, why aren't they also waving signs telling people not to eat shellfish and not to cut the hair on their temples or trim the edges of their beards (it's all in Leviticus!)?

More to the point, why do all the men have short hair? Hypocrites. They're all going to hell.

Also, one of Shirley Phelps-Roper's children (I forget which one) was "illegitimate". Massive ****ing hypocrite. She's going to hell.

This, these people are ****holes who just want a reason to hate

ReputationRep:
    It was a cult. I don't think they were brainwashed, I think they are just letting their anger and frustration out on the world. I think this mainly the media's fault, the constant 'scapegoating' and exaggerating has led to certain preconceptions about certain groups of people. I really wanted Louis to talk to the 'eah od the cult' and see what they he had to say about it, and what his thoughts and opinions were about the large increase in the numbers of teenagers leaving their church. In my mind it is a cult, because when the chinese dude was in the church I felt as if the women was encouraging him to take part in some sort of initiation ceremonies. If it was a religion and focused on spreading 'the word of god' it wouldn't have done it so aggressively.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickpeas1)

I don't think you have the right to judge whether someone will go to heaven or hell and neither do they. Only god has the right. I don't understand your argument, does 'im not a christian' refer to to the fact that your an atheist or do you follow another monotheistic religion'. Because if you said you were an atheist then you can't possibly believe in heaven and hell thus making your argument even more invalid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PendulumBoB)
    Faith schools are state funded he has as much right as anyone else you ignorant fool.
    No they are not!

ReputationRep:
    Louis Theroux is a mother****ing Don. Love how the head honcho clearly despises him.

ReputationRep:
    "becasue you love fau- faun- faunicating" had me creasing, at least they got that right

But seriously, they are messed up, we wouldn't get this in Britain, for one the people would be arrested, and im quite sure us brits would just never get tired of hitting these guys...

ReputationRep:
    It's so horrible seeing the kids say all that stuff, especially with the younger ones who don't understand most of what they are standing for. It's all so ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I can't understand why they haven't fallen victim to a stereotypical American 'shoot out' or 'bombing' by the angry mobs that must get severly pissed off with their hatred.
    They are picking and choosing the parts of the Bible that suit their message as you will notice they tend to avoid talking about Jesus too much (as then I guess they would have to talk about subjects such as forgiveness). As for Obama being the Antichrist!!! They must feed themselves on delusionment cake.
    These guys are all going to end up in therapy soon anyway with the amount of emotional **** they are repressing and supressing.

ReputationRep:
    Louis: I can separate ethics from religion because I don't believe in God.

Westboro man: You know what the bible says about people like you right? It says you are a fool.

Louis: Well yeah the bible would say that wouldn't it.....

ReputationRep:
    'The fool who said in his heart there is no god'
    'he's a fool Louis'

well the bible would say that wouldn't it? haha

ReputationRep:
    if there is a 'superior' religion (as they claim) then they definately aren't it.

Why do people feel the need to force their religion on people?! It baffles me.

ReputationRep:
    The depth of their mindless hate-filled indoctrination is really shocking, though - you'd think that after some exposure to the outside world they'd realise they're extremists and not at all normal. I admire those of them - like Nate Phelps - that had the courage to leave and reject their family and everything the WBC stands for.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.