Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Louis Theroux - America's Most Hated Family in Crisis watch

ReputationRep:
    Watching it now and it's awful seeing children spouting that bigoted crap...
    I have to say though their songs are sort of hilarious, albeit in an offensive, idiotic way...

ReputationRep:
    The younger girl seems so reasonable. How on Earth can she believe the stuff she spouts? It's so sad.

I'm still hoping they turn out to be the greatest trolls ever. At Fred Phelp's funeral they all pull out big 'Got'cha' signs. Then, maybe I'd get a little faith in Humanity back.

ReputationRep:
    These people are completely disturbed. I'm Christian & it sickens me that they're using the name of Christianity to spread such hatred. I can understand why some people are so anti religion when they see morons like this saying they're acting on behalf of God

ReputationRep:
    All their women were fine looking. Yes, I mean, I don't really think that these repressed people merit discussion, actually they are to be pitied more than anything else. I feel sorry for them, and the children, but they are not serious.

ReputationRep:
    So this is what trolls do in real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blah_blah2345)
    I don't think you have the right to judge whether someone will go to heaven or hell and neither do they. Only god has the right. I don't understand your argument, does 'im not a christian' refer to to the fact that your an atheist or do you follow another monotheistic religion'. Because if you said you were an atheist then you can't possibly believe in heaven and hell thus making your argument even more invalid.
    I think you've missed my point. Perhaps I could have been clearer.

Reading between the lines, I'm not actually saying that they're going to hell (that would be silly - I'm an atheist). I'm using those examples (ie. short hair and illegitimate children) to show why they are going to hell according to their own principles, not mine, and that they are very badly placed to be preaching about how everyone but them is going to hell.

Basically, I was arguing that you can't claim to be acting on the word of God, etc, etc, when all you do is pick and choose which parts of the Bible you want to act on.

ReputationRep:
    Why does god hate Louis Theroux?

but in summary, I think the Westboro baptist church will eventually dissolve, you just can't live a happy, enjoyable life like that with that few members, being hated so much, attacked, having no friends outside the church - more people will defect and it will end up just a memory.... cos yeah who's actively joining them anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Why does god hate Louis Theroux?

but in summary, I think the Westboro baptist church will eventually dissolve, you just can't live a happy, enjoyable life like that with that few members, being hated so much, attacked, having no friends outside the church - more people will defect and it will end up just a memory.... cos yeah who's actively joining them anyway
    What was going on with that guy who was sat at the back of the church behind Louis? He said he was hoping to join... very weird bloke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel9)
    You shouldn't go to a church school if you are not a member of that religion.
    That's not necessarily the case. I went to a Church of England primary school simply because it was the only school in the village and I was in the catchment area. I didn't really have much choice in the matter and it's not like they indoctrinate you or anything (I suppose it depends on the school...).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alpharius)
    i loved seeing one of the counter picket-signs.

"tits or gtfo!"

genius.
    yes hahahahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel9)
    No they are not!
    Yes they are there 2 types in the uk one type is 100% (This is the day to day funding, teachers pay etc.) funded by the government the other sort 90%. When one takes into account how little they fund themselves we really should question their right to exist in their current form, when one considers the fact that their religous discrimination is being funded by the tax payer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazy smurf)
    The people on this programme are nuts, and have some severely brainwashed religious views.

Discuss.
    As I always say, religion is like an erection. Everyone has the right to one, but don't wave it around in public and please, try not to shove it down small childrens throats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tetanus)
    yes hahahahahaha!
    Hahaha and also " God hates signs"

ReputationRep:
    I love the way louis has p***ed off the big chief but he still gets to sit in front of the asian guy.

ReputationRep:
    That guy seemed to have upset them somehow due to the fact he had come from San Fransisco and they woman said about 'laying hands on'....what was all that about??

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else feel that they were racist? i.e. no ethnics in their church, the swastika in the promo video and...the remark about Obama being the antichrist.

The chinese guy at the church meeting was wasting his time - he's never going to make it in.

ReputationRep:
    Was the Chinese guy seriously trying to join? There was something about him which I found odd, he kind of seemed like an undercover journalist or something like that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickpeas1)
    What was going on with that guy who was sat at the back of the church behind Louis? He said he was hoping to join... very weird bloke.
    he was a right oddball! :bird:

seemed really camp (may have just been the accent)
    :sly:

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Chinese guy was an undercover reporter for possibly some gay magazine or website. He had his clip board and was taking notes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedbrar)
    I thought the Chinese guy was an undercover reporter for possibly some gay magazine or website. He had his clip board and was taking notes.
    Yes I didn't think he was actually trying to join! He seemed too unsure and a bit nervous and there was also something in the way Louis introduced him that gave it away.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.