The Student Room Group

How does one accept being ugly?

With all these threads about looks i gotta ask...

How does one accept being really unattractive?

Not everyone is equally good-looking (and that sucks!) but what to do?

Surgery?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheDanishAlmond

Surgery?

by realising that appearance doesn't matter as much as intellect and educatedness
Be yourself don't let bullies get to you, realise that you can't change it, so there's no point in dwelling on it, and move on in life :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Refrigerator
by realising that appearance doesn't matter as much as intellect and educatedness

...or money (for some)
Reply 4
I'm just grateful that aethetics is not a relevant part of my life. I don't model underwear or sell my body. I think and analyse.
Original post by JCC-MGS
Oh, sweet irony.

I did consider whether it was legit or not, but educated is an adjective so educatedness should be its noun, and Opera didn't underline it as a spelling mistake

and

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/educatedness

my level of educatedness clearly beats you'res
I actually think the only excuse for being unattractive nowadays is either laziness or bad taste... e.i Go to the gym / Get a better haircut.. :P
op you can't be ugly.

post a pic and we will decide if youre really ugly

(srs)
Original post by francistheswole
op you can't be ugly.

post a pic and we will decide if your really ugly

(srs)

I agree, being well groomed is really all it takes for anyone to look attractive enough for people not to be put off if they're looking for a relationship
Reply 9
Do all you can to improve what you have.

People who worry about being ugly don't seem unattractive because they are ugly but because they have no confidence, limit their personality.

If you understand an 'ugly girl' can be attractive because she is awesome then you'll focus on more important things.
Original post by TheDanishAlmond

Surgery?

My boyfriend says I'm beautiful but somehow I never seem to believe it.
I have always had a problem with the way I look but it doesn't seem to get to me nowadays. The days of trying to cover myself in make-up to make me feel better about myself have long gone. I would never consider having surgery ever. I don't feel like I have to prove myself to anyone, or change my appearance just to get people to like me... It's the way of life we either have it or we don't.
Reply 11
Quoting a certain foreign singer: "There are no ugly women, that I know of. They all have their enchantment, somehow."
By remembering that everyone s beautiful to someone out there. 6 billion people on the planet, you will be beautiful to someone. Go and find them.
Its easy to tell none of ya'll are ugly, cause it aint that simple.
Original post by Refrigerator
I did consider whether it was legit or not, but educated is an adjective so educatedness should be its noun, and Opera didn't underline it as a spelling mistake

and

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/educatedness

my level of educatedness clearly beats you'res

*yours
:wink:
Reply 15
Original post by RequiemForADream
*yours
:wink:

Pretty sure he's messing with you, doofus.
Reply 16
Like this: I am ugly
Reply 17
No one is ugly. On mans meat is another's poison. I'm pretty sure this fits in here doesnt it :P
Reply 18
An apathetic life of depression and extreme social anxiety will fix it.
Original post by tite23
Pretty sure he's messing with you, doofus.

Pretty sure he made an error that seems to be very commonly made, there's no need to insult me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending