Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling wierdly reckless :/ watch

Announcements

Anon or delete

For the past few days I've just not been feeling myself...
    I feel really sorta, charged?
    Like, I wanna have sex with randomers. I want to steal. I want to take drugs... I just want to do something stupid and reckless.

Of course, I'm not going to act on any of these impulses, but is this feeling normal? And when will it go away? Have any of you guys felt like this?

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking doing something bold and daring or something dumb?

Both :/

ReputationRep:
    OP. have you been through upheaveal or a phase of being constrained by others?

I get hugely self destructive urges and it is normally brought on by one of those two things.

(Original post by Ethereal)
    OP. have you been through upheaveal or a phase of being constrained by others?

I get hugely self destructive urges and it is normally brought on by one of those two things.
    Erm, I dont have the best family life, daddy issue's & controlling mother :/ I cant say anything huge has happened recently... I suffer from eating disorders sometimes if thats any relation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Erm, I dont have the best family life, daddy issue's & controlling mother :/ I cant say anything huge has happened recently... I suffer from eating disorders sometimes if thats any relation?
    Usually (as odd as it sounds) self-destructive / anarchy type urges are normally a way to try and get control back.

You can pm me if it helps

(Original post by Ethereal)
    Usually (as odd as it sounds) self-destructive / anarchy type urges are normally a way to try and get control back.

You can pm me if it helps
    Hmm interesting, control is a big factor in my life

ReputationRep:
    Bipolar was the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post. Not particularly likely though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah lately I've been feeling random impulses passing through my brain telling me to say/do stupid things (I'm usually a very sensible person). I think it's probably just a weird phase due to hormones etc? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Let me guess, your WoW subscription's finished eh? It's alright son, you're experiencing common withdrawal symptoms.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, the self-destruct button. Yeah that is quite common

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascendansy)
    Let me guess, your WoW subscription's finished eh? It's alright son, you're experiencing common withdrawal symptoms.
    Blimey. If you're going to try and be funny at least make a decent effort!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankio)
    Blimey. If you're going to try and be funny at least make a decent effort!
    Blimey. You're about as naive as they come! A fail troll thread requires a fail troll response.

1/10 troll rating, OP.

I get that feeling too, frequently. Especially in the last fortnight...

I suffer from chronic depression, though, and often feel like doing random dangerous or reckless things to make me feel more alive. I don't tend to in the end, though.

You're not alone! I hope things with you get better soon x

ReputationRep:
    i feel like that all the time and usually act upon it. oops.

(Original post by Ascendansy)
    Lol, I'm a girl, and I've never played wow :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.