Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think guy's when you see this... Watch

• View Poll Results: When i see that picture I
    Know that we have no chance of saving the earth if those polluting giants continue belching
    18.26%
    I feel sad that the ice is melting and there is nothing we have done
    8.70%
    I feel angry that humans have caused this and are now increasing emmisions
    24.35%
    An attractive young woman with an amazing new talent to the music industry
    48.70%

ReputationRep:
    I think about baby Jesus, and how polution makes him cry.

ReputationRep:
    water vapour from the cooling towers but is a coal power station look at the other stacks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackpoollasVegas)
    If you/anybody have kids that is the reason for the earths destruction, overpopulation! It is a scientific fact that all the earths ice caps may melt well within the next 3 years. scientists didn't think the ice would melt so fast but due to over population the ice has been melting extremely fast and many glaciers have melted years before expected.

You want kids? imagine them growing up, having to wear GAS masks and droughts everywhere and pollution all around the earth. this will happen and is in certain places. it was only expected as most people say they don't give a damn.

We don't have normal weather patterns no more, it rained once this month! just once. snow is Las Vegas! rain in north pole! crazy deep snow in britain, purple rain in australia
    So you're suggesting that if we stop having kids, the earth will be fine, LOL, bye bye human race, but hey, at least we slowed global warming down! In actual fact the earliest prediction of total loss of the Polar Icecaps is 2030, which remains 19 years away, most scientists predict 2100, 89 years away.

You're over exaggerating this. I will have kids within the next 10-15 years, theres no way things will get that bad that fast so stop making silly statements and get your facts right, if you're obsessive about the environment then at least read up on it before you start making stupid comments and predictions left right and centre with no evidence to back yourself up.

I dunno where you live, but here in England it rains all the time. Las Vegas does get snow sometimes you know, it's not immune. We get snow here in Britain quite a bit, yeah we had a tad more than normal, but thats not to say thats down to global warming, there are freak heat waves and cold winters randomly all over the world every year! Don't know what you mean by purple rain as this is not a type of weather, it is however a song by Prince.

ReputationRep:
    people are against this power, against nuclear aswell. how do they expect the country to be powered. there could not be enough wind turbines for the whole country, plus its not windy everyday. what happens if theres no or little wind for 2 weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    Psst, Nuclear Reactors don't have any adverse effects on the environment. Its just steam.

Unless of course they are breached, or the waste seeps. But still, the only by product of a functioning, in good condition reactor system is steam and power.

Don't be such a deep ecologist.

water can also be a by-product

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilymay)
    So you're suggesting that if we stop having kids, the earth will be fine, LOL, bye bye human race, but hey, at least we slowed global warming down! In actual fact the earliest prediction of total loss of the Polar Icecaps is 2030, which remains 19 years away, most scientists predict 2100, 89 years away.

You're over exaggerating this. I will have kids within the next 10-15 years, theres no way things will get that bad that fast so stop making silly statements and get your facts right, if you're obsessive about the environment then at least read up on it before you start making stupid comments and predictions left right and centre with no evidence to back yourself up.

I dunno where you live, but here in England it rains all the time. Las Vegas does get snow sometimes you know, it's not immune. We get snow here in Britain quite a bit, yeah we had a tad more than normal, but thats not to say thats down to global warming, there are freak heat waves and cold winters randomly all over the world every year! Don't know what you mean by purple rain as this is not a type of weather, it is however a song by Prince.

The less babies on this earth, the slower the destruction..correct!!

The scientist prediction of the ice melting is lee way basically they have said this many times, ie, it will melt in 10 years but it melts years before expected.

I live in North West England I know it rains a lot, but thats why I'm saying its not normal weather hence a huge lack of rainfall which normally occurs by now.

Purple rain is real, its a cause from global arming and man made pollution.

your so damn naive :2in1::diep:

ReputationRep:
    The less babies on this earth, the slower the destruction..correct!!

The scientist prediction of the ice melting is lee way basically they have said this many times, ie, it will melt in 10 years but it melts years before expected.

I live in North West England I know it rains a lot, but thats why I'm saying its not normal weather hence a huge lack of rainfall which normally occurs by now.

Purple rain is real, its a cause from global arming and man made pollution.

your so damn naive :2in1::diep:
    I'm sorry, you're full of **** and nonsense and I can't be bothered trying to explain it to you. Go do some research.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilymay)
    I'm sorry OP you are completely right with your statement, we have caused all this pollution and perhaps I will reconsider having kids, you have opened my eyes to this obstacle we face. thanks OP.

hey your quite welcome, I'm not saying don't have kids, I'm saying wait a while and see what happens with the earth. I'm glad I made you see sense

ReputationRep:
    hey your quite welcome, I'm not saying don't have kids, I'm saying wait a while and see what happens with the earth. I'm glad I made you see sense
    You strange strange person. I give up. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ventura7)
    water can also be a by-product
    Doesn't that water just get re-pumped into the reactors again?

Still, its just water, hardly a bad by-product; Wouldn't want to drink it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad that isn't where I live :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    Doesn't that water just get re-pumped into the reactors again?

Still, its just water, hardly a bad by-product; Wouldn't want to drink it.
    yeah it s reusable product, sustainable, and I wouldn't either unless it had been tested haha

ReputationRep:
    Cow farts emit about as much methane as people do.
    Anyway we physically can't stop global warming or whatever is going on with pollution now, we can only slow down the inevitable demise of our planet.

ReputationRep:
    Walter Ego has made the best point and no one has even noticed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ventura7)
    yeah it s reusable product, sustainable, and I wouldn't either unless it had been tested haha
    It's cleaner than the water you get out the taps in your house (albeit, boiling hot)

Also, a lot of power stations have FGD kit fitted, which gets rid of about 90% of the sulphur in the fumes, as well as other scrubbing gear which gets rid of most gasses.

ALSO, in line with an EU directive, all power plants built after 1987 need to comply with legislation which lowers the emissions, namely the fitting of SCR's which are like big Catalytic Convertors in your car.

All that smoke you see in the picture's isn't much more than hot water and carbon particles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amiparanoid)
    Maybe i'm being naive, but isn't a lot of that just water vapour?
    Which makes up 95% of greenhouse gases, compared to the 0.054% that CO2 makes up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpful_Charlie)
    Which makes up 95% of greenhouse gases, compared to the 0.054% that CO2 makes up.
    So, percentage wise, it's less harmful than breathing?

ReputationRep:
    So, percentage wise, it's less harmful than breathing?
    No, water vapour is worse for the environment.

Everyone who has seen the Great Global Warming Swindle will know that it's the sun that's changing our climate anyway.

(I've seen "An Inconvenient Truth" but that is bull)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpful_Charlie)
    No, water vapour is worse for the environment.

Everyone who has seen the Great Global Warming Swindle will know that it's the sun that's changing our climate anyway.

(I've seen "An Inconvenient Truth" but that is bull)
    Yes, and more water vapour, percentage-wise, comes from breathing...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and more water vapour, percentage-wise, comes from breathing...
    Well we give off CO2 as well. I doubt human breathing adds that much water vapour to the atmosphere.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.