Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I'm usually this colour - http://www.superdrug.com/permanent-c...0/invt/535184/

However I noticed 2 days ago my roots were coming through (I'm a dark blonde) and so I went to Tesco and being short of cash I got the schwarzkopf blonde absolute. The result was at the roots my hair went white/yellow and I went nuts.

So I rung and asked my mum who suggested an ash blonde to take out the yellow. It has done but now my hair is a weird yucky brown colour with a grey look.

I just want someone to offer me some advice as to how I can get back to my usual colour as I'm seeing my fiancee on Friday and even though everyone tells me it looks alright I hate it.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Go to the hairdressers and ask them to strip your hair, although that may damage your hair more than what you already have.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the hairdressers. Don't risk an even bigger disaster!. Failing that if you REALLY can't afford it, get some colour stripper to get the muggy tones out and try dying it a neutral blonde as opposed to ash. Your roots went white because the heat from your head causes the bleaching process/peroxide to work faster (or so I was once told!). Once you have got to an even colour just use some purple shampoo to take the brassiness out of it...

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go to the hair dressers! They know what colours and they don't damage your hair as much. But by the sounds of things they might need to strip the colour out of your hair and that completely destroyed mine!

ReputationRep:
    I would go to a hairdressers but it's not possible at the moment as I dont really have the money to until my loan comes through. Where sells colour stripper? Also, I've never heard of purple shampoo - where can I get hold of some of this?

I've had a friend offer to bleach it for me, would this work? xx

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the ash will fade in a few days?
    Definitely a hairdresser or a light brown because at least that way, it should all dye the same colour.
    Whatever you do though, give your hair a rest. I absolutely ruined my hair trying to fix a mistake and had to have the b*stard cut stupidly short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LyssaJane-x-)
    I would go to a hairdressers but it's not possible at the moment as I dont really have the money to until my loan comes through. Where sells colour stripper? Also, I've never heard of purple shampoo - where can I get hold of some of this?

I've had a friend offer to bleach it for me, would this work? xx
    Oh yeah, the John Freida blonde toner shampoo. That might take a while for the desired effect though?

ReputationRep:
    So just wondering... (thanks for the great advice so far!)

Would bleaching work? I've used a special hairdresser repair shampoo on it just now and it feels a lot better than it did after dying it twice this week.

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LyssaJane-x-)
    So just wondering... (thanks for the great advice so far!)

Would bleaching work? I've used a special hairdresser repair shampoo on it just now and it feels a lot better than it did after dying it twice this week.

x
    It might. You'll have to be careful when applying it though that the same thing with your roots doesn't happen again. Yellow tips and white roots is no good.

But seriously, think about the condition of your hair!!! Bleaching kills. I think you're definitely going to need a cut after all this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twist.the.illusion)
    It might. You'll have to be careful when applying it though that the same thing with your roots doesn't happen again. Yellow tips and white roots is no good.

But seriously, think about the condition of your hair!!! Bleaching kills. I think you're definitely going to need a cut after all this.
    So do you have any tips to stop the same thing happening to the roots? I was thinking of reducing the amount of time its on my hair etc. I know bleaching is really bad but I'll need a cut for summer anyway and atm its well below my shoulders so i could just get it cut to my shoulders. I kind of just want it back to blonde at the moment :P

x

ReputationRep:
    Well, my method of doing it (and this is when I highlight, I only highlight), is to apply mixture about three quarters of the hair from the tips upwards, leave that for 50 minutes and then cover the roots for the final 30. It still comes out a little uneven but as it's only highlights you don't really notice so much.

During the first fifty minutes, I cover the hair in loose cling film to keep the heat in and occasionally do a little blow dry too to help the development.

ReputationRep:
    Shave hair off. Tattoo swastika on left pec. #WINNING

Or go to the hairdressers, since they'd know what to do better than us.

ReputationRep:
    get a toner. £1 from boots

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.