Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to but as I say, I am scared of any repurcussions, it's already potentially ruined my career, I don't want it to go any further. She thinks Harry (my son) moving into her family home with his dad will make everything happy and wonderful, she doesn't realise he has a mother who loves and cares for him too. It's just a big mess and I regret the second I ever spoke to her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloejs)
    I want to but as I say, I am scared of any repurcussions, it's already potentially ruined my career, I don't want it to go any further. She thinks Harry (my son) moving into her family home with his dad will make everything happy and wonderful, she doesn't realise he has a mother who loves and cares for him too. It's just a big mess and I regret the second I ever spoke to her
    Uh, really feel for you there. She definately does sound more than a little weird, to think she can just barge around and demand other people's kids- you can't just remove a child from it's mother for no reason, especially not just to fulfill her happy families dream.

I'd still say keep a note of anything she does/whenever you see her, just in case you ever need it in the future. More detail is never a bad thing!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you yellow96. It is hard that he is siding with her, he is nice with me when she isn't about but if she is near, he treats with utter contempt and it's hard, which is why he now sees me son separately and I keep well away from the pair of them, they aren't worth my trouble anymore.

I have had 2 responses from local schools this morning, both very positive saying that as this isn't an offence against children, is an isolated incident and the fact I have much previous experience with children, within the local authority also, they would question me on it but it wouldn't stop me working with them, I'm really pleased. Thank you all so much for your help, it seems school do use their common sense when it comes to these incidents and treat them on a case by case basis

ReputationRep:
    Chloe. All the discussion on the incident is a bit irrelevant to a CRB check - it's like claiming 3 points on your driving licence are not fair!.

I am not certain, but I am pretty sure a warning will not be recorded on a CRB check. I believe there is a telephone advisory service for schools which offers "more information" if schools want to investigate further. As this is not child related, I would very much doubt it is at all relevant and won't be mentioned.

To suggest it should hold back your career is ridiculous (though I have seen more stupid things from political correctness in my time!! :rolleyes:) - I was asked by a teaching agency to provide a CRB from a country that a) doesn't do CRBs and b) had no record of me teaching there as it was private teaching. I explained that it was impossible but they insisted and wouldn't not allow me to sign up despite having five English CRBs . you couldn't make it up could you!?)

Anyway, it should not affect you at all, so stop worrying about it

ReputationRep:
    My son's school have agreed to let me volunteer twice a week in the foundation class, I explained what had happened and they said it was irrelevant to them as it was with an adult and clearly a mistake, I'm over the moon

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.