Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    its not that much of an issue it tends to be little things
    and if you care about little things thats your problem
    like my housemate used half my iceing sugar without asking... little pissed but its icing sugar it doesnt really matter would of appreciated her asking firs though...
    however if something gets finished i get a bit ggrrrr!...

anyone is welcome to take anythign aslong as when i go to my cupboard for some its there, like my housemates flour i keep stealing a bit when we have pizza mondays so i bought a bag to open next
    same goes for kitchen equiptment...dvds....phone charger... (got rather p'd with this one other day, came down 6am planning on doing some work n charging my phone before uni, housemate had taken my ruddy charger into her room... ggrrr!... was do i go hammer on the door at 6am... or giver her till 9... i gave her till 9 then she was all "it was midnight and i didnt want to wake you to ask" i dont care if anyone borrows anything but leaving it where i can still access it is appreciated...." )
    etc etc

anyway....... iv never really had any food go missing in 3 years of living with different groups of people, im pretty sure your food will be safe, from my experiances everyone has eaten very different things anyway
    x

ReputationRep:
    Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4GB-SPY-CAMERA...973a77ffd9ac04

ReputationRep:
    eat whatever you want as long as you ask, replace and have a beer with me later on! That's my food policy!

ReputationRep:
    that is pretty cool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leahrascal)
    im colour coding mine, already planned it and everything.
    That doesn't stop some people from helping themselves, thankfully my flat is quite good however there's a guy who lives below me who is well renowned for basically stealing other people's food and drink without asking, and he is 10x worse when drunk.

Although my flat is good, there is one person in my flat who does have friends she brings over drunk after nights out who start using my food and plates. Gets me so angry

I don't actually mind people borrowing my food/plates etc, as long as they either ask prior to using it or even just tell me after. It's the people who don't tell me and think they can get away with it that pisses me off.

ReputationRep:
    Good plan, exceptfor when the food theif steals the Coke to drink themselves...

Eat some of their food

Or, just keep the good stuff in your room

ReputationRep:
    Write your name on stuff in permanent marker. I used to put food colouring in my milk, that deterred a couple of the idiots I lived with.

To be honest, food thieves are part ans parcel of living in shared accomodation. Piping up too much will probably only cause problems, although I don't see why a "please will you ask before eating my food" would hurt anyone. If that doesn't work, it's really not worth getting the arse over. You'll be able to work out whos taking it all anyway - so nick stuff back

ReputationRep:
    EYE JAB!

ReputationRep:
    You threw my sandwich away! MY SANDWICH!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac!!)
    Eat some of their food
    Yeah that's a great idea. I could literally clean out a whole cupboard/fridge in one sitting.

ReputationRep:
    At uni people will come back drunk and eat your food. That's a fact. What's also a fact is that you'll come back drunk and eat theirs. It all evens out in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, If you keep it in your cupboard/shelves no one will actually steal your food. I think only a carton of orange juice has gone missing and that's because I put it next to one that looked identical.

Just make a point of asking to borrow stuff if you ever need to - and fingers crossed you won't ever have a problem... but no need to go out on the people who steal it - say a quick word and they probably won't do it again (don't forget you've still got to live with them, and hopefully you'll be friends anyway!)

ReputationRep:
    Put laxatives in it and wait to see who suddenly rushes to the bathroom :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    Put laxatives in it and wait to see who suddenly rushes to the bathroom :awesome:
    Big mess if you forget. We have a piant makrer pen that we label things (mainly eggs and milk which all look the same between 10 people) but apart from that we dont really have a problem with people eating eachothers food. We usually ask/use and ask later for most things that are meat etc, and buy them some if they want it

ReputationRep:
    If you treat others around you like fools/children don't be surprised when you have no friends...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prime Suspect)
    At uni people will come back drunk and eat your food. That's a fact. What's also a fact is that you'll come back drunk and eat theirs. It all evens out in the end.
    That's not totally true, sometimes they are high. And if it's the guy who lives below and shares a kitchen with me, that's from 11am every day. I wish I was joking.

ReputationRep:
    I would make an example of the first person to do it by stabbing them with a fork!!

In all seriousness i would probs just say "mate just ask next time" or just take some of their food whenever I wanted it. An eye for an eye.

ReputationRep:
    steal someone elses back. we're all friends so its fine. just annoying when i eat one biscuit and the whole rest of the pack dissapears, it wouldnt be so bad if they left just one.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.