The Student Room Group

Girls, what's your favourite compliment a guy could give you?

We all know women love compliments (provided they are sincere and non-needy compliments), so my question to the girls here is what is your favourite compliment you could get from a guy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"This sandwich is better than the last one".
Reply 2
Weird how only guys have replied in this thread :P

But my favourite compliment, however cliche it may be, is 'you are beautiful'. Since everyone thinkgs it's so cliche, not many use it, so I think it's actually pretty special :smile:
The best compliment (that felt meaningful and genuine to me) that I got from an ex was that I'm 'the least covetous person' that he knows. :smile:

Otherwise, complimenting my dress sense. Telling me I've got a nice figure.
"This floor is really clean"
Reply 5
Original post by Lusine
Weird how only guys have replied in this thread :P

But my favourite compliment, however cliche it may be, is 'you are beautiful'. Since everyone thinkgs it's so cliche, not many use it, so I think it's actually pretty special :smile:

Yeah, I'm sick of guys replying to questions which I asked to GIRLS.
"You're a fat, ugly slut."
I would have thought the best compliments would not be the cliche ones.. you are beautiful yada yada yada..

As Elissabeth shows, the best compliments are those that you know have required real thought and connection with the other person to give such a defined compliment. Par examplar - 'I've never met anyone with such focus and determination as you, it's really refreshing to be with someone who is always working towards their goals with such passion...'

Would you not agree? What's the thing you as a person focus on the most. Surely the compliment flattering that would be the nicest form of recognition?
Reply 8
I imagine some girls will say it's "I love you", for good reason!

How about this:
:sexface:
My ex used to say, "I love your eyes" as normal as it is, I never hear that as a compliment anymore, anywhere, its always about sexual things like if the girl is top heavy, or not. So simple things always go a long way :P
Reply 10
Original post by Onwards and Upwards!
I would have thought the best compliments would not be the cliche ones.. you are beautiful yada yada yada..

As Elissabeth shows, the best compliments are those that you know have required real thought and connection with the other person to give such a defined compliment. Par examplar - 'I've never met anyone with such focus and determination as you, it's really refreshing to be with someone who is always working towards their goals with such passion...'

Would you not agree? What's the thing you as a person focus on the most. Surely the compliment flattering that would be the nicest form of recognition?

That was kind of my point before... Because everyone thinks it's cliche, nobody uses it, that's why it becomes not cliche. It actually makes me feel really loved if a guys says that I'm beautiful, because I hear your example all the time from loads of other people. :rolleyes:
'I like that boulder, that is a niiice boulder'
Reply 12
Original post by Nerd_No_More
Yeah, I'm sick of guys replying to questions which I asked to GIRLS.

Maybe they think they are girls :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by Lusine
Maybe they think they are girls :wink:

Yeah probably...there are a lot of girly men on this site. Always I see guys on here who are too scared to approach girls etc haha.
You look like a prostitute
"You're beautiful" or "You're the best at blowjobs"

Can't choose. Either one.
'You're beautiful' and 'I will never find any girl like you'.
Reply 17
Wowww, you are so smart !!!
If a guy said I have an interesting mind I'd be over the moon.
Basically the lyrics to 'Just the way you are' by Bruno Mars

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending