Are you wise with your money? Watch

This discussion is closed.
edufly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Are you one of the stupid 'buy on credit' shoppers or are you wise enough to save your money and avoid consumer debt?

I consider myself clever enough with my money and I am aware of what not to fall for ie. store cards!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
Are you one of the stupid 'buy on credit' shoppers or are you wise enough to save your money and avoid consumer debt?

I consider myself wise enough with my money and I am aware of what not to fall for ie. store cards!
A bit of both, I mean I have a student loan but I don't go and blow it on for the few weeks I get in. However I did use some of my student loan money to fund a week in Europe via train last year.
caz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I consider myself clever enough with my money and I am aware of what not to fall for ie. store cards!
no, money is too easy to spend...yet so hard to get
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

No i'm terrible, i should really stop buying unecessay things! I have four winter coats now...and uni in sept - really really must save more spend less or i'll starve.
_EMMA_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

i never buy on credit, but i can't say i'm always wise about money, i have spent too much on unnecessary things
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i;m not too bad wiv money :rolleyes:
edufly
Rep:
?
I am thinking of investing a sum of money into a savings account or some sort of account where I will get a nice return on my money, can anyone give me some advice on any good accounts you can recommend and any other information?

It will be for a three year period (to tie in with my uni course) so that when I graduate I will have a nice bit of financial reserves.

Say 1000pound is what I would want to invest.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'd like to think i am... i have no over draft or credit cards. my student loan goes on accomodation and i live on £150 a month... sounded a lot 2 me at first but aint really
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I'm fairly wise with my money. Not at all wise with my dad's
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am thinking of investing a sum of money into a savings account or some sort of account where I will get a nice return on my money, can anyone give me some advice on any good accounts you can recommend and any other information?

It will be for a three year period (to tie in with my uni course) so that when I graduate I will have a nice bit of financial reserves.

Say 1000pound is what I would want to invest.
Then buy some stocks! Nice and bullish right now but a long way from peaking. Anything blue chip.
edufly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Howard)
Then buy some stocks! Nice and bullish right now but a long way from peaking. Anything blue chip.
I dont want to make any risky investments as I'm not in a position to gamble (esp. on stocks) - I would be content with a fixed interest no risk account.

The problem is there are so many accounts and I just dont know which one is the best but maybe I should see my local Barclays personal banker to help.
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i tend to go through phases. I was really good when i first started earning and i put my wages straight in a savings account which i still havn't touched. However, then i was too young to get into pubs, didn't go out so much and my mum still gave me money for my clothes etc. However, i think my spending patterns changed as soon as i could get past the bouncers in pubs and in genreal went out more. Also when i started 6th form i suddenly found myslef spendin all my money on going out and clothes. My last year of school was probably the worst because i was spending more money than I was earning most months until I realised how close uni was and starting saving like mad and turing into a total tight arse. During the first couple of months of uni money seemed to beevaporating from my account far too quickly and now i'm having to be really careful so i can afford the deposit and agents fees etc for my student house for next year. Also i've realsied how much i will have to work in the summer unless i cut down on my spending
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

im wise -

buy on credit when its intrest free- earning cash back for my purchases and then pay it off the day before the intrest free credit runs out.

while my moneys in a high intrest account so i earn lots of money off money that technically ive alreaddy spent.

love Katy ***
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads