Turn on thread page Beta

I'm starting my A2 revision today - I'm ****ed right? watch

ReputationRep:
    Have I put myself at a great disadvantage by doing so? I'm predicted to get A's :/

My AS are ABB

I 'just' got the A in politics (in terms of marks) B in sociology (2marks away overall for an A) and B in English Language (148/160) *Just in case anyone is wondering*
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Not really. I started mine about 2 weeks before my first exam, and most of the time just properly revised the day before :|

Depends how well you've understood it as you've gone along, and whether it's re-learning or recapping and remembering.

ReputationRep:
    Considering you're up at 6:30 to revise, I think you'll do ok. I never did any revision at A-level until a week before the exam, and the same at university and I've done pretty good (but I don't advise it, do as much as you can as early as you can and always try to excel), although it really comes down to how you learn/comprehend. But you're only ****ed if you **** yourself, but if you make a plan and stay on target you will do good.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you be '****ed'... when do you think you're meant to start? Personally I'm waiting until 12th April, which is the date I get back from my holiday to Paris, and then revising every day in the easter holidays.

ReputationRep:
    If you are ****ed, then I am definitely ****ed , I'm not planning on starting until Easter holidays and even then it won't become intense for at least another 2 weeks. Revision this early is pointless I feel, I'll forget it all by the time I take the exam. I've got 9 weeks! Plus I'm still learning the syllabus in college, I use all my time simply understanding the current work!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No.

ReputationRep:
    To some people on TSR, you're ****ed.

To people not on TSR, yo're not. Perfectly good time to start - if your courses are like mine, we're just finishing off the syllabus, so its starting revision lessons in college, and Easter will give everyone a good chance to get started on revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    Have I put myself at a great disadvantage by doing so? I'm predicted to get A's :/

My AS are ABB

I 'just' got the A in politics (in terms of marks) B in sociology (2marks away overall for an A) and B in English Language (148/160) *Just in case anyone is wondering*
    I understand how you feel. I am in the same position as you. Every now and then I wonder if i left too late but just start working and stick to the plan. I advise not to make the same mistakes as I did that is make a crazy plan that you can not achieve then feeling bad because it was too hard not to fall behind the plan. Take it by step by step once you start revising and feeling confident of what you know the worries of messing up the exams will go away. Any way I started telling my self the time I spend worrying is the time I could spend studying. I just try to believe I can do it its nothing.

Hearing from students who have started revising a month away from their A2 exams in the past will help me feel I will be ok. not As( because As are much easier compared to A2, I know it can be done in As)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    All depends how well you can cram, I started about 2/3 weeks before and did fine, I cram quite well. Just be calm and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)

My AS are ABB

No, you aren't. What I would say though, is that when I was sitting A2s I started way too late, but only because I didn't realise how long it would take to condense all my work into revision notes. I would think about that, and if you think your subjects are big, then perhaps just try to sort your notes out, then you'll be in a great position to start your heavy revision in a couple of weeks.

Good luck .

ReputationRep:
    Im startingAS revision today. I need grades A for UCAS later this year.
    I hope al goes well. Good luck OP. I cannot offer advice, have nlt done A2 yet but take my best wishes.
    (Original post by elstevens)
    No, you aren't. What I would say though, is that when I was sitting A2s I started way too late, but only because I didn't realise how long it would take to condense all my work into revision notes. I would think about that, and if you think you're subjects are big, then perhaps just try to sort your notes out, then you'll be in a great position to start your heavy revision in a couple of weeks.

Good luck .

And she is studying at Warwick :yeah: Make of that what you will :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    No, provided you start now and work hard you'll be fine...

ReputationRep:
    What the....

Some people really know how to put themselves down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)

My AS are ABB

Depends on your IQ/efficiency.

Work hard and you'll be OK

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't think so :dontknow: I'm not starting until the first Monday of Easter hols, when it'll be revision central.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't started....D:

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me feel more comfortable

ReputationRep:
    The most revision I have ever done is reading through the text book the day before the exam and I got BBD at A2, missing most homeworks along the way and only really doing any work in class. IMO a couple of weeks is a huge time period for revision. I can't see how you can possibly see the time you have left as "****ed" unless you paid no attention at all in class.

ReputationRep:
    Man oh man, I started but stopped for abit...abit being '2 weeks' but the seriousness has kicked in..

Gonna resume this evening afer gym, am determined to go Birmingham!!

OP your fine though.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.