Turn on thread page Beta

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    heyy, just to be really annoying can anyone give me any advice. I got 9 A*s and 3 As at GCSE and AAAB at AS with A's in Biology, Physics and Maths and a B in Chemistry (which i am resitting some modules). I averaged at 650 in my UKCAT. I've applied to Kings, Brighton & Sussex, Keele and Bristol. Haven't heard anything yet....do you think i'll have any luck? Thanks so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charleydavis)
    heyy, just to be really annoying can anyone give me any advice. I got 9 A*s and 3 As at GCSE and AAAB at AS with A's in Biology, Physics and Maths and a B in Chemistry (which i am resitting some modules). I averaged at 650 in my UKCAT. I've applied to Kings, Brighton & Sussex, Keele and Bristol. Haven't heard anything yet....do you think i'll have any luck? Thanks so much.
    You meet the requirements for the schools, it will just come down to your PS and reference, which we can't really help you on.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview for the 26th! applied on 11/10/11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazychef)
    Just got an interview for the 26th! applied on 11/10/11
    congrats man! can you please post stats + if you're home/intl? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxsanhaxx)
    I sent my application off on 12th November and have had no reply to confirm that they are processing my application. Should I contact them to ask if it's being processed?

FAIL.

ReputationRep:
    Have BSMS started rejecting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartshapedbox)
    has anybody who applied in october had an interview yet? still waiting anxiously :|
    There have already been two batches of interviews for November. There will be two more this month, then another four batches in February. There's still the chance you'll get an interview in February, so try to keep calm!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigKirk)
    There have already been two batches of interviews for November. There will be two more this month, then another four batches in February. There's still the chance you'll get an interview in February, so try to keep calm!
    do you know typically how many interviews go out per batch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    do you know typically how many interviews go out per batch?
    They interview 500 altogether, and there should be eight batches, so that gives 60-65 interviewees per batch. That would seem about right from my experience at interview.

ReputationRep:
    They interview 500 altogether, and there should be eight batches, so that gives 60-65 interviewees per batch. That would seem about right from my experience at interview.
    thanks mate! Did you by chance see any internationals at your interview or were they home/EU candidates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    thanks mate! Did you by chance see any internationals at your interview or were they home/EU candidates?
    Hmmm... I might have seen one international candidate because I overheard her talking about something along those lines, but I'm not 100%. That'll probably help you to be more anxious, but really, there are another four batches in February! Those that have had interviews have just got lucky that they got them earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm... I might have seen one international candidate because I overheard her talking about something along those lines, but I'm not 100%. That'll probably help you to be more anxious, but really, there are another four batches in February! Those that have had interviews have just got lucky that they got them earlier.
    Hmm yeah, most likely. I guess the bulk of internationals will interview in Feb (although it would be amazing to get one before christmas) When do you hear back btw? And thanks again for your responses!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Does Bath actually have a school of medicine? I can't find any info on it, only the school of Sport and exercise medicine. Could you post a link please? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I emailed BSMS the other day about the timing of interview allocation, and the admissions guy said:

"Applications to BSMS are assessed in date order as they arrive from UCAS so the nearer the deadline of October 15th the later you are likely to hear."

I hope he wasn't saying that just to keep me happy Has anyone else been told differently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Hmm yeah, most likely. I guess the bulk of internationals will interview in Feb (although it would be amazing to get one before christmas) When do you hear back btw? And thanks again for your responses!
    They said that the earliest decisions would be made mid-December and they hope to have all of them made for interviewees by Christmas, but because it's a busy time, they encouraged us not to worry if a few decisions have to be made in January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidneyjean)
    I emailed BSMS the other day about the timing of interview allocation, and the admissions guy said:

"Applications to BSMS are assessed in date order as they arrive from UCAS so the nearer the deadline of October 15th the later you are likely to hear."

I hope he wasn't saying that just to keep me happy Has anyone else been told differently?
    This is generally what most medical schools do. They'll have a lot to look through, so they get under way as soon as they arrive.

ReputationRep:
    They said that the earliest decisions would be made mid-December and they hope to have all of them made for interviewees by Christmas, but because it's a busy time, they encouraged us not to worry if a few decisions have to be made in January.
    Lets hope we both have a good Christmas then haha *fingers crossed as always*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Lets hope we both have a good Christmas then haha *fingers crossed as always*
    If you haven't had an interview yet, that timeframe for decisions doesn't count for you. They hold an admissions board to make decisions for interviewees, not more invites. Sorry if I got your hopes up!

ReputationRep:
    This is generally what most medical schools do. They'll have a lot to look through, so they get under way as soon as they arrive.
    Mmm, figured as much, though Bristol told me that the send date of your application has no impact on when you could be called for interview... ah well, swings and roundabouts. I'm just impatient! (congrats on the interviews by the way!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Sure, I'm a home candidate,
    GCSEs: 7A*s
    IGCSEs: 2 A*s, 1 A

AS: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Politics AAAA

A2 prediction: 4A*s

UKCAT: 712.5

Sent off on the 11th October

Work Exp:
    1 Wk UK hospital
    2Wks hosputal abroad
    GP
    Working with disable children
    Long term at Hospice
    St John
    organise science soc.
    +other volunteering +school stuff

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2013
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.